Please help identify this power related PCB

ostromkurt

Joined Oct 1, 2015
Hello all, I would very much appreciate ANY help identifying the board in the pic. I usually can always find what an unknown board is simply by typing a few of the small components and searching for them as a whole in google, but that isn't working for me on this one. I know its dealing with some decent voltage because of the capacitors., is there anything anyone can add? Some markings on board include:

"PCB NSI-5193 REV 1
ASSY NSI-5194 REV" and

"TY-M
94V-0 5206"

The two big capacitors are 200V 3300 micro-farads.

Chip on right of big shiny silver thing that looks like heat-sink is IRAMX16UP60A-2-ND.
20151001_140003.jpg
Thank you so much in advance!

ostromkurt

Joined Oct 1, 2015
I would go for a large switching power supply.
Could also possibly be a treadmill motor supply and PWM controller?
Max.
Thanks Max! Yeah, the large silver thing looks similar to the ones on the small PWM speed controllers. The black chip on the LEFT of that silver thing is a Rectifier if that helps anyone. Here are a few more pics too.
20151001_144000.jpg 20151001_144015.jpg 20151001_144037.jpg 20151001_144056.jpg

ostromkurt

Joined Oct 1, 2015
Max, what makes you say a treadmill? Also, I picked it up for $2, looks brand new. Safe to say it was a good buy or not quite yet?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Also, I picked it up for $2, looks brand new. Safe to say it was a good buy or not quite yet?
It it probably one of those 'It will come in handy If I ever find a use for it':p
With the other pic's It looks a little too sophisticated for a T.M. controller, but possibly some kind of ECM motor controller?
Max.

ostromkurt

Joined Oct 1, 2015
Thanks JohnInTX, good info. MaxHeadRoo, how the heck did you find that? The controller in picture they show, although clearly a different model, is strikingly similar to mine. Wow. That's definitely the winner in my mind right now lol. Thanks!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Similar boards are also used in ECM motors for HVAC systems, but built into the end of the motor.
The 3 phase electronically commutated motor is showing up in quite a few applications now.
Max.

"PCB NSI-5193 REV 1
Just in case you're still wondering what this board is, I found one (defective) into a "Shore Commander" direct drive unit for a boat lift. It drives a 3-phase 208 volts motor from single phase 120 volts. This allows for easy control of the motor rotation thus enabling lifting the boat out of the water or lowering it into the water. The board also has connections to control a light and other utilities such as a remote control etc...

Hope it helps.
Clement

Hello3211

Joined Sep 2, 2021
Hi, I know I’m really late to the show but I got this board for my boat lift and the resistor blé up and I can’t see what was the resistor. It’s the big one at R1 black round one if there’s anyone that have the board can check what’s the value of it thanks(1) Please help identify this power related PCB  All About Circuits.png