Please Help can I use a PCB that controls one motor to control instead

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Paul Davies, Jan 25, 2015.

Can I use a PCB that runs 1 motor to run two ?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2015.
  1. Only PCB will control either one and not twi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. That reconfiguration of wires enables desired outcome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paul Davies

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I've got a R/C boat at 27 MHz but PCB suffered damage from water. I've replace some components but still no life.Be cheaper to replace PCB with new unit but I can't find one. The boat has 2 prop shafts instead of the one. When the boat turns to the left or right it shuts one motor down to turn. As I can't find a PCB unit as a replacement what must be different in PCB as to a single prop or anyone know a boat similar or were I can get one please on 27 MHz. Motors x2 @ 350Thank you

2. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
  3. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I only use the 2.4 Ghz receivers and you can control two motors amps from 2 channels, I would think the 27mhz would also?
    Max.

4. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Could it be that the input that would normally drive a rudder servo is used to vary the port/starboard motor speed?

May be some more details of the boat/board, e.g. pictures and a circuit diagram if you have one would help

5. Paul Davies

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Thanks all for your reply. The R/C boat only has the two 350 race motors and no rudder has been fitted and from factory design it's only uses either motor to turn. I keep hitting a brick wall when trying to get further information but will gladly send what I can later part of the day. The R/C boat is called a ( Blue Streak ) thanks for your help

6. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Yes I understood that your boat does not have a rudder. What I gather from your original post is that the motors are connected to a "PCB" and what I was suggesting (and it was just a guess) is that the steering signal from your RC transmitter which would "normally" drive a rudder servo could be connected to the motor control circuit and used to control the motor speed to achieve steering.

If this is the case (it might not be) then you need something more than just motor control boards.

Some close up photos of the PCB and a quick sketch of what is connected to what in the boat may help.