Please Help about 12V, 12 amp DC linear actuator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by pranil.maniyar, Mar 15, 2013.

1. pranil.maniyar

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Hello,
    I am new-bie here. I was searching solution for my problem on google, I came across with this site.

I am using 12V, 12 amp DC Motor Linear Actuator. I want to control it's direction. right now I am using heavy Duty DPDT Relay. It worked fine. next I used TO3 type NPN-PNP Trasistor (2 x MJ15025 PNP & 2 x MJ15024 NPN) H Bridge Circuit, 12V x 12 amp = 144W , as My wattage is high so I am getting heat in those transistor. but Its not as successful as Relay.
    so I am looking for a circuit.

I have a brake foot-pedal switch of Tractor, when it foot-pedal is pressed on signal(current) comes in 7 plug socket. I am using that signal as input to my Relay. Its working fine. but I want to make Electronic Circuit for that.

My Signals is mainly through that foot-pedal switch. ON & OFF. the Actuator's motion should be FORWARD when Foot-Pedal is Pressed, When foot-pedal is released the actuator should be REVERSE. the time for this operation is not fixed & if foot-pedal is pressed, linear actuator is in forward direction & ignition switch turned to off it remains in engage(extended) postion.

Can you tell me how can I do that?

or please redirect me to solution.

2. mattbullet

Nov 29, 2008
    Hi
    Are you controlling the brakes of a tractor with a linear actuator?

3. PackratKing

Jul 13, 2008
    ...ignition switch turned to off it remains in engage(extended) postion. ??

Is your actuator powered through the Ign. switch, so it will retract properly... or does it need a spring to pull it back...

Is this part of an electric brake setup ?? That would require a linear, if I understood your problem...

4. pranil.maniyar

Nov 20, 2012
    No, I am using that actuator to activate brake of Dumping Trolley.

5. pranil.maniyar

Nov 20, 2012
    yes this is setup of electrically operated braking setup.