Please answer

shreeram

Joined Nov 29, 2012
1.What do you mean by PCB or Printed circuit board?

2.What is the necessity of a PCB?

3.What in your opinion, the PCB design involves?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
. .

You have a lot to learn about choosing subject lines there op. Your's borders on offensive. If not indeed a sign of lack of effort.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Sir,I searched a lot but i did not get the satisfactory answer .
so i asked..
In that case, you need to define "satisfactory" to us. We're not going to be able to help if you don't tell us exactly what you're looking for.

That's how forums work. You need to do your part before we can do ours.

Regards,
Matt

shreeram

Joined Nov 29, 2012
You need not tag my countries name for my mistake.
See
what is PCB? and what is the necessity of PCB are different questions but answers are quite same. So i want to avoid confusion so i asked for an help.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
A short answer to your question:

A PCB, or Printed Circuit Board, is a board with the circuit printed onto it, rather than having wires connected all over the place. It uses very thin "traces" (or metal tracks) that are spread out over the surface of the board, connecting to the components.

The benefit of PCBs are that they take up much less space. Instead of having wires everywhere, it's all practically flat and so it will reduce the overall used space.

Here's an example of a circuit board with point-to-point soldering:

And here's an example of a printed circuit board:

You can see how the PCB is much neater and cleaner than the perfboard (the one with point-to-point soldering, and all the wires everywhere).

Designing PCBs requires a lot of problem-solving. You have to be able to figure out where to put one trace where it won't cross another one, or conflict with other components/traces. It also requires knowledge of currents, and how thick each trace must be in order to handle the amount of power in that particular part of the circuit.

As for the comment about India, it is true--there are a lot of Indian members here who ask for homework answers. He was not tagging your country for your mistake. It's just an observation, and there's nothing wrong with that. It was not meant to be derogatory.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Matt

shreeram

Joined Nov 29, 2012
Ya, it helped me thank you.
I don't know about others these answers matters me the most.
i do have answers but i wanted more experienced one..well i got it..:)
thanking u again.
Requesting; Don't consider ,people of Country India dont have application mind..! i am not saying these with egoistic self.
sometimes people like me go wrong you know What to do with guidance of experienced persons, trying to be better and better.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
so i asked..
Then you did not search very hard. There must be hundreds of articles out there explaining PCBs. All going into many times more detail then can possibly be done on a forum.

If they aren't "satisfactory" then I doubt anyone is going to be able to provide you with more information.

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
Your profile picture shows a printed circuit board with components mounted on it. It's called printed circuit because it looks like the copper conductors are printed on the fiberglass board, even though it's not printed.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
so i asked..
Well, what kind of answers did you find and why did you feel they were unsatisfactory?

We have absolutely know idea what the context of these questions is. The most reasonable answer is very different if you are talking to a twelve year old versus someone that is about to gratuate with a degree in electrical engineering versus someone that is about to graduate with a degree in business administration.

Above all, keep in mind that this is YOUR homework problem. Therefore you are expected to show a reasonable level of effort in answering it.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Polychlorinated Biphenyl is also known as PCB. That was a dielectric fluid used in transformers and capacitors years ago ... until 1979 when the EPA restricted it's use.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012

1. As it says on the package.

2. It is not neccessary.

3. Going through the design process for PCBs.

Really you can not ask questions like that. Especially if these are questions which you easily can figure out using the internet.

If they talk like that in educational institutions (for instance schools or college), it is not a means to do so in real life or on the internet.

I know I'll get an F for my answers.