plc programing

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looks like you just need a typical stop/start rung with the start button ANDed with the n.c. stop P.B. and a internal contact across the start P.B. this contact would be the internal coil output at the end of the string.
A contact with the same output address would go in each operation string and temporarily halt it.
An E-stop button would cancel all actuators and cause a retract.
It is hard to give a definitive answer without the mechanical details of the system.
A logic control is usually designed based on actual full mechanical details, including hydraulic/pneumatic details, if any .
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Hi Guys

I am an electrician for 23 yrs but i have never done any plc programing. I would like to learn how to do this. I am trying to program a eaton plc but of coarse they do not write program for but i need to know how to get started. the program language seems like greek to me. What is the easiest way to learn thia stuff. keep in mind i dont know anything about this stuff.
I am a master electrician but this is a different world. help please.
Hi

Since you have a long experience with electricity , i think you will learn and adapt very fast .

Ladder logic is just a direct traduction of the command part of an electrical system , like for example when you design an automaticdelta-why 3-phase transition circuit using a timer relay , you just consider the command circuit to be performed by the PLC .

Mainly timers , counters ,contactors and relay coils are submitted on the ladder logic lines, the same things you find in an usual electrical circuit .