playback device

sai150

Joined Jan 25, 2015
is there any playback device which can record sound(30 sec) and plays it whenever it is triggered?
(without using microcontroller)

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Per Eric look at ISD (Information Storage Devices) chips. Something you may want to try is using for example Amazon.com and search "blank recordable cards". These are those recordable greeting cards and can be had relatively inexpensive. The earliest ISD chips were only about 20 seconds but now greeting cards using the chips have easily 120 seconds.

Recordable Audio Greeting Cards at Amazon. That may get you going or give you some ideas.

Ron

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I've used several modules from Big Dawg which work well. You can get 10-, 20-, or 120-second recordable modules or a 200-second max. module that allows you to load audio files once you convert them to the proper format. They also offer different triggers, e.g., sliding switch (found in greeting cards), push switch, light-activated, etc. Here is their official store and here is their eBay store. I found I can save money on either the module or shipping using the eBay store.