Plasma Display

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by mokny, Mar 19, 2008.

1. mokny

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 19, 2008
    I have a Toshiba Plasma TV and its display is acting up, i.e. the display would be Ok for a few seconds or perhaps some minutes but then it goes black showing some areas in color such as red or green. I turned it off and wait a few minutes and this problem repeats again. I took the TV to a service repair place and was told that it may be either the inverter or the Plasma Display Panel. Can someone familiar with plasma TV's shine some light or provide suggestions as to what the issue is???

Please help!!!!:confused:

2. mrmeval

Distinguished Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Not really. You'll need a manual for it and probably some specialized software.

3. DC_Kid

Distinguished Member

Feb 25, 2008
    without a full schematic its very hard to tell you what to look for or check.

ask this question on avsforum.com

4. Xray

Nov 21, 2004
    Intermittant problems in electronic circuits are typically very difficult to troubleshoot. Common causes of intermittant behavior are, poor solder connections, poor electrical contacts in mating connectors, heat-sensitive components (such as I.C's, resistors, capacitors, etc). An experienced technician may be able to locate the faulty component and replace it, but it may take a considerable amount of time to do that. Depending on how costly and how old your LCD TV is, the repair may end up costing you more than the TV is worth. Sadly, most consumer products these days are not worth repairing and are tossed in the trash can, unlike electronic products 30 years ago when virtually everything was repaired many times before trashing them.