placing the components..

raks_universe

Joined Mar 15, 2009
Im beginner,.,.,

In my lessons ,i hav studied the properties of Resistor, capacitor,inductor,diodes,transistor,etc...,(Theoretical)

But how to use all these components in the circuit,when i hav to make a new and my own circuit,.,.,

pls teach me "art of making electronics circuit" of my own,.,.,

pls teach ,.,In which place ,which components should be used,..

pls teach me to make a circuit,If im given a task,.,.,.

:confused:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It will depend very much on what kind of circuit;) But electronics are very much putting prefabricated building blocks (circuits) together in an application. So what do you want to build. Can you give us some examples

raks_universe

Joined Mar 15, 2009
sir,...
pls teach "Art of making the circuit",.,.,
For eg;
At which situation(place) of circuit, inductor should be placed,,,,,
At which place, the capacitor should be placed,,,,,
I had seen many different circuits in books, my doubt is that,"How they knows that "at particular place,this component should be placed,.,." ,,.

pls teach that,,,

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My favorite section!

Most cases it doesn't matter. Where it matters is mostly common sense, if something is going to get hot you need air to flow around it.

If it is a coil you don't want to put it next to another coil (where they can couple).

Other than that it doesn't matter.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
My favorite section!

Most cases it doesn't matter. Where it matters is mostly common sense, if something is going to get hot you need air to flow around it.

If it is a coil you don't want to put it next to another coil (where they can couple).

Other than that it doesn't matter.
I think he means "placement" in a circuit, not on the bard.

A good start is to know how the components exactly work. Next you just need practice. Start with simple circuits, for example a 555 led blinker is a good start. It is almost impossible to first learn everything and then start making actual circuits, you need the practice to get the grasp of what youre actually doing.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You start by learning configurations, such as the basic voltage divider using two resistors and a battery. With that you can make any voltage you want.

Basically you build a mental library of what does what. Many cases simple circuits can be thought of more than one way.

This is why people are recommending you build existing designs, and try to understand how and why they work. The information will stick, and if you have a job that resembles something you're already seen then you can adapt it to your application.

raks_universe

Joined Mar 15, 2009
You start by learning configurations, such as the basic voltage divider using two resistors and a battery. With that you can make any voltage you want.
Sir, i think,i know the operations of these basic components(resistor, transistor,UJT,FETs,SCR and other electronics devices) .....

In this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Voltage_divider_bias.PNG simple voltage divider bias circuit,my question is that "How do i know that i hav to use resistor "Re"....(when im making the circuit for first time.).

My questions are similar to this....( i narrate oly example of my question...)

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If you read the AAC course here, you should be able to calculate it. The value is based on what role should the transistor do in the circuit. Is it gonna be an amplifier? A voltage buffer? Switch? But first you need to think about what and how is your new circuit gonna do.

joemmech

Joined Jan 22, 2010
It depend on what circuit you are making. Example if you want to make a voltage divider, you can use resistors, if you want to make filters you can use capacitors, if you want a fast switches you can use mosfets. The placement of the components on the circuit also depend on the effects of the component to the circuit.

AllVol

Joined Nov 22, 2005
This forum's e-book (click on any volume at the top of the page) is an excellent introduction to electronics and beyond.

Another good site is http://www.play-hookey.com/
which says the same thing, but in a little different way.

As has been stated before, the best idea is to become familiar with the standard building blocks such as voltage dividers, switches and transistors used as switches and amplifiers. Learn those, and you'll be well on the way.

hondabones

Joined Sep 29, 2009
It sounds to me like you are itching to build circuits. It seems like maybe you haven't gotten to learning how to build them yet. I too am a beginner. One thing I didn't to get a feel for building circuits is to look at a schematic and try to build one. If I remember correctly my very first post on this site was for beginner circuits that I could build at home. my suggestion, Check out the e-books suggested. Then get yourself some basic components, an LED an a battery and see if you can make it light.

hondabones

Joined Sep 29, 2009
At which situation(place) of circuit, inductor should be placed,,,,,
Let me comment on what I recently learned. If you have a circuit like this

This is a series RL lag circuit.

or...

This is a series RL lead circuit.

By just switching the two components with each other you achieve two different circuits.

Basically it's all in what you want to accomplish. Is there something specific you want to achieve? These are the questions you should ask. Reading and studying more material is definitely the approach you should take.

(note to senior members: I may have these two circuits mixed up... I am only a newbie. :p)

raks_universe

Joined Mar 15, 2009
Please give me simple task of circuit designing ....

Let me try it ....

I ll share u with what difficulties i cross over....And if i had doubt in making the circuit i ll get ur guides.....

hondabones

Joined Sep 29, 2009
Please give me simple task of circuit designing ....

Let me try it ....

I ll share u with what difficulties i cross over....And if i had doubt in making the circuit i ll get ur guides.....
Try building either of the two circuits in my previous post. Instead of using the inductor place a LED. Red is probably the best color to start with. For the resistance use any value you want and see the effect it has on the LED. For the source you can use a 6V or 9V battery. Use your multimeter to measure values and compare the results.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Designing anything from scratch involves defining what you want it to do. There are usually tradeoffs. If you need low current then you must use high value components, which may affect other things.

Building projects from existing schematics gives you a background, and confidence to make changes you want to try.

One word of caution, I've seen a lot of projects that didn't work as advertised. Not all schematics are valid. This is also good learning experience.

Math is your friend, numbers will tell the tale. If a resistor calculated to 0.6W, then don't use a ½W resistor. Do the math.

hondabones

Joined Sep 29, 2009
Math is your friend, numbers will tell the tale. If a resistor calculated to 0.6W, then don't use a ½W resistor. Do the math.
<agreed> use math, experiment, study, and compare. Learn by doing. I went ahead of class in my lab book and built every single circuit. I also utilized the multiSIM projects in the lab manual which we didn't even use in class:mad:

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
First things first.

1. Do you have electronic components to experiment with?
2. do you have access to a multimeter?
3. Do you have a background in basic algebra?

Here are a list of basic electronic design equations:
Are you familiar with any of these:??

E = (I x R) ,,,,, R = (E / I),,,,, I = (E / R)

P = (E x I),,,,P = (I^2 x R) ,,,,,P = (E^2 / R)

RT = (R1 x R2) / (R1 + R2)

RT = (1 / (1/r1 + 1/r2 +...1/rn)

RT = (r1 + r2 + ....rn)

Vout = (Vin x R1 / (R1 + R2)

That's just basic using resistors, theres equations for capapcitors, inductors, transistors, all these components you asked about, there are numerous equations, used to design circuits.

Let us know where you stand with the above equations, also let us know what background in electronics learning you do have if any,

then we can better help you in a direction that meets you where your at..

Thankyou...

raks_universe

Joined Mar 15, 2009
Let us know where you stand with the above equations, also let us know what background in electronics learning you do have if any,

then we can better help you in a direction that meets you where your at..
ya..i know all these equations.....

Now im studying abt Feedback amplifiers in my lessons......
I had come across hybrid model of transistor and all basic configurations of transistor....
And also i had finished study of working of basic devices lik BJT,JFET,UJT,MOSfet.......

I even come across power supply circuits (BUCK,BOOST).......

I studied all thes theoretically(derivations and equations),...pls help me to implement thes in practical.......

Thank u all for considering my queries....

Now Im in hope that,i ll learn circuit designing frm this forum and frm U(friends)...........