piggy back lv high current and HV low current

Status
Not open for further replies.

onigino

Joined Mar 29, 2012
Hi everyone this is my first time posting here, and happy to talk with like minded people.

my question is, how would one piggy back a low voltage albeit high amp power supply onto a high voltage low amp circuit.

im using a 555timer circuit to control a 12vdc relay which, in its normally closed position is fed 110vac 3amps from an inverter connected to a car battery.

From the inverter it goes to a half wave voltage doubler, the output dc chargers a 300volt 80uf capacitor. When the relay switches from NC to NO, it then dumps the charge from the capacitor to a Blaster MSD II 45k ignition coil +/- terminals.

the HV out and ground on the ignition coil are are connected to two seperate 12gauge solid copper wires forming a spark gap.

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM.

When i reduce the distance of the spark gap to 2mm, and place water droplet in between the two wires and dump the capacitor load into the ignition coil. All that happens is....NOTHING. even adding an electrolyte does not a thing. I can achieve an 1.5 1.75in spark with the gap open.

How do I gain about 10amps or more, so there is current to push through the water effectively blasting it apart?

what if i connected a car batteries + to the high voltage line coming out of the ignition coil and - terminal to the negative terminal of the ignition coil.

would this be effective, essentially there would be 12volts and the current of the car battery just sitting waiting for the high voltage burst to travel down so the high current can ride a long the high voltage?

or am i completely wrong, and ideas!?

onigino

Joined Mar 29, 2012
The water droplet represents a dead short and the HV never gets a chance to build up.

well the high voltage will jump when there is no water bridging the two gaps, water tension holds the droplet there......it just turns white.....electrolosysis is happening in that brief millisecond but no spark and loud pop which would happen if no water were there and the distance between the two were 1.5 inches.

onigino

Joined Mar 29, 2012
I think it is high time you described the purpose of your machine, before this discussion goes any further.

Certainly, Please visit this webpage and scroll to page 117, puts into words what im talking about.

the purpose of my machine is to create an explosion of water to move a piston, i can not reduce my purpose any further than this.

I have a good amount of knowledge of circuits and design but, im not the best and this is why i am here asking for help, this is a very interesting project with a purpose of good for all.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Uhh, you forgot to paste the link...

BUT, we get the idea, and I will re-write Bill Marsden's post which I wrongfully unmounted:

First of all, I bet this is what you want to do, more or less: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HHO_gas#HHO_gas.

The reason why we don't allow for this kind of talk in this site is explained in detail here: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=28067

I will now close this discussion, as it is against the AAC Terms of Service, Chapter 6, on overunity.

You are welcome to continue using the forum for its intended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.