piezoelectricity

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I am sorry to hear that. That is too bad though considering this would have saved you some time in having to make the circuit boards and everything, you could have just purchased these modules and had more time to spend doing tests......

But the IC they used is the same package that I have that I will be using, And I am ordering those piezo sensors that I posted above...

B. Morse

amiteshpandey

Joined Jul 15, 2010
i have just got a silly doubt we are using piezo sensors and sensors require some power to sense for what it is made for so is that "sensors" word has other implications in it or its my mistake....

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
i have just got a silly doubt we are using piezo sensors and sensors require some power to sense for what it is made for so is that "sensors" word has other implications in it or its my mistake....

Piezo's do not require any power at all to be used as "sensors", they will produce power on their own when used as "sensors"...

You can read more about piezo electricity and the "sensors" here >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity

B. Morse

amiteshpandey

Joined Jul 15, 2010
hey bmorse i am not able to get these piezo-sensors so what to do next just gettin too mch confused is their any other alternative plzzzzz do sugest me as fast you

regards,,,,
:(

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
hey bmorse i am not able to get these piezo-sensors so what to do next just gettin too mch confused is their any other alternative plzzzzz do sugest me as fast you

regards,,,,
:(
I am sorry, for energy harvesting piezos, these are the only components I know about, there may be another way but I do not have the time to do the research for you.

B. Morse

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Research is a little slow, I did find out that I could use the IC's I have to also harvest energy from Fluorescent lights using only copper plates placed in close proximity to the bulbs.... energy harvesting is pretty interesting in the way people are finding ways to "store" otherwise wasted energy.....

Plus I am very busy with other projects right now so I have not spent too much time on it, I am currently working on several other projects I was contracted to do for some local companies, so these are my priorities right now... But I will keep you posted with any updates....

Let me know how your project turns out.

B. Morse

amiteshpandey

Joined Jul 15, 2010
hey bmorse long time huh....
i have just prepared a module using the piezoelectric disc (or buzzers ) coz that was the only thing available on the of piezoelectric material plus i have ordered for that 500 grams of PVDF materials.....
so i am now concentrating on the storing part of it as i am time constrained i would like your views on it as is important for me...........
regards

rakesh123

Joined Jan 26, 2013
@BMorse @amiteshpandey Could you guys please guide me in drawing the analogy between Piezoelectric materials and thermal elements.

plz plz help...