piezocramic transformer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jegonz, Feb 26, 2008.

1. jegonz

Thread Starter Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I was wondering how can I modify the output voltage of a Piezo-Ceramic transformer, so to take it down from 1000V to 100V... I was told that I have to calculate a resonant RC circuit, but don´t understand much of it. So advise will be appreciated!
    Also, if some knows where I can buy one (but only one not lots!!) online... thanks!

2. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    I have purchased stuff from

http://www.steminc.com/piezo/multi_layer_transf.asp

before and was pretty happy with their prices and service.

I do not believe that you can change the output voltage of these, since they are a fixed tuned circuit. For these to work properly and efficiently, you must excite them at their working frequency.

Steve

3. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
  4. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    Nice link Ron :) Too bad it doesn't go down to the voltage that he wants :( It was a really interesting article.

Steve

5. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    It's just a block diagram. I doubt that the laws of physics would constrain the design to the output range shown.:D

6. jegonz

Thread Starter Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Yeah I agree! it is a very good help, lets first buy the piezo part, and then start testing! :cool: Thank you all for the info!

7. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    BTW, I didn't just happen to have that article on my desktop. Google is your friend. I found it on the third page of hits when I searched for "piezoelectric transformer". Why didn't you find this on your own?