PID temperature controller for TEC/Peltier

Frakk

Joined Jul 6, 2009
I don't think you will need a h-bridge. The peltier's hot side has to be cooled in order for the other side to be cold. If you don't cool it, the whole thing will heat up and the cold side will be only slightly cooler than the other. If the panels will heat up, you will only cool them, so an h-bridge is useless. Maybe in the winter you can heat them up but what good would that do anyways?

drfreaky

Joined Jul 5, 2009
I don't think you will need a h-bridge. The peltier's hot side has to be cooled in order for the other side to be cold. If you don't cool it, the whole thing will heat up and the cold side will be only slightly cooler than the other. If the panels will heat up, you will only cool them, so an h-bridge is useless. Maybe in the winter you can heat them up but what good would that do anyways?
The peltier heat side would be always be cooled down using a watercooling unit that is available at the moment. But due to the water cooling takes a longer time to cool down the solar module..Using the peltier element was suggested but i am still stucked on how to design the power driver circuit for the peltier element, i was suggested to use a H bridge since it can work in a bipolar mode (Heating and cooling) using a single supply but i had to implement it with the PI controller and overall my circuit is analog as i know little about digital and using microcontroller