PICSHEET: A database and editor for all pic (and other components) packages

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by DjOrto, Feb 5, 2015.

1. DjOrto

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    PICSHEET:
    Pic Sheet is a friendly-user java program written for all the people that have a short memory for the packages of microprocessors or other components.
    With pic sheet you can create a new component just writing down the pinnames, the program will provide to make a graphic that will represent it.

PicSheet comes with a preimposted library containing more than 100 pics (PIC10, PIC12 AND PIC16)
    Shortly we'll have also pic 18 dspic30 dspic33 and pic24.

GET STARTED! INSTALLATION BASE LIBRARY:
    1 - IF U DON’T HAVE THE JAVA SOFTWARE YOU CAN’T RUN THE PROGRAM, INSTALL IT :
    2 - COPY THE PICLIST.TXT FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP, THAN CLICK OPEN THE APPLICATION AND GO TO : LIBRARY—>REPLACE_LIBRARYHERE NAVIGATE TO PICLIST.TXT: CLICK ON DESKTOP, OPEN, THAN ON PICKLIST.TXT AND AGAIN OPEN, THAN THE PROGRAM WILL REFRESH WITH ALL THE SERIES COMPONENTS.
    3 - DONE!

ADDING A COMPONENT:
    1 - CLICK ON COMPONENTS—>NEW
    2 - YOU’LL BE PROMPED TO MANAGE PICS WINDOW, INSERT THE COMPONENT NAME IN THE FIRST BOX AND THE NUMBER OF PINS THAT THE COMPONENT HAS IN THE SECOND BOX.
    [​IMG]
    3 - THAN YOU HAVE TO WRITE IN THE NUMERATED BOXES THE CORRESPONDING NAME OF THE PIN.
    4 - INSERT THE DESCRIPTION (POSSIBLY TAKEN FROM THE DATASHEET) AND CLICK ON ADD.
    5 - THE PROGRAM WILL NOW REFRESH WITH THE NEW COMPONENT TOO.

ADDING A COMPONENT WITH FAST ADD
    1 - CLICK ON COMPONENT—>FAST ADD
    2- YOU’LL BE PROMPED TO THE FAST NEW WINDOW.
    3 - NOW I’VE TESTED IT FOR THE PIC MICRO AND IT WORKS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS:
    3.1 - GO TO THE DATASHEET IN THE PART WITH THE PIN DIAGRAM.
    3.2 - TRY TO COPY ALL THE PIN NAMES FROM THE IMAGE WITH THE PACKAGE, IF YOU CAN’T DO IT (EX. IT TAKES ALSO THE NUMBERS OF THE PINS OR IF IT TAKES ALSO THE NAME) YOU HAVE TO PUT THE PIN NAMES IN THE ORDER:
    3.3 - FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM : IF WE ARE COPYING A PIC WITH 40 PINS WE HAVE TO PUT THE FIRST 20 PINS IN THE LEFT AND THAN ADD THE OTHER 20 PINS ALWAYS FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM.
    3.4 - THE PINS MUST BE SEPARATED FROM A NEW LINE: EX ___
    RA0 -| P |- RC2
    RA1 -| I |- RC1
    MCLR -| C |- RC0
    VSS -|__|- VCC

IN THE FIRST BOX OF THE FAST NEW WE SHOULD HAVE:
    RA0RA1
    MCLR
    VSS
    RC2 <——ATTENTION RC2 NOT VCC
    RC1
    RC0
    VCC

-THIS IS DONE BECAUSE WHEN YOU COPY THE PIN NAMES THEY CAME WITH THIS ORDER, BUT ALWAYS CONTROL IF IS CORRECT!.
    4 - INSERT THE DESCRIPTION IN THE SECOND BOX (POSSIBLY TAKEN FROM THE DATASHEET).
    5 - INSERT THE NAME OF THE COMPONENT AND CLICK ADD.
    6 - THE PROGRAM WILL NOW REFRESH WITH THE NEW COMPONENT TOO.

ADDING A LIBRARY
    Ok so you have a friend that wrote a library for pic 18, and now you have his exported picklist.txt and you wanna add it to your library without loose your work.

1 - CLICK ON LIBRARY—>ADD LIBRARY
    2 - YOU’LL BE ASKED TO BROWSE FOR THE LIBRARY, SELECT IT AND CLICK ON OPEN THE PROGRAM WILL DOES THE REST
    3 - CLICK ON LIBRARY—>DELETE DUPLICATES TO DELETE THE DUPLICATES IF THE ADDED LIBRARY ALREADY WAS CONTAINING YOUR COMPONENTS.

EXPORT A LIBRARY
    If you want share your library:
    1 - CLICK ON LIBRARY—> EXPORT LIBRARY
    2 - THE PROGRAM WILL NOW EXPORTS YOUR CURRENT LIBRARY IN YOUR DESKTOP

A GUIDE STEP BY STEP IN THE PROGRAM:
    [​IMG]

THE POWER OF PICSHEET:

1 - IS WRITTEN IN JAVA ALL THE S.O. WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO INSTALL JAVA CAN RUN IT! (TESTED WITH: MAC, WINDOWS)
    2 - IS VERY VERY LIGHT : <50KBYTES
    3 - LIBS ARE VERY LIGHT : <50kbytes
    THIS IS DONE BECAUSE THE PROGRAM DRAW THE PIC AUTOMATICALLY ONLY KNOWING THE PINNAMES.
    4 - WE CAN SHARE OUR WORK, IF YOU'VE DONE A GOOD LIBRARY EXPORT IT! AND SEND IT, THE USERS CAN USE THE FUNCTION TO ADD A LIBRARY AND INTEGRATE IT WITH THEM LIB.
    5 - IT'S FREE AND FREE OF LIBRARIES (I'VE WRITTEN ALL THE PROGRAM)
    UP TO NOW WE HAVE 106 COMPONENTS

DOWNLOAD:
    YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE LAST VERSION HERE ( THE LINK IS ALWAYS UPDATED ):
    IT CONTAINS THE BASE LIBRARY
    THE PROGRAM
    ISTRUCTIONS
    VERSION UPDATES
    NOW IT'S TIME TO USE IT!
    I HAVE TO USE ADFLY SO I CAN CHANGE THE DOWNLOAD LINK WITOUTH CHANGING THE ADFLY LINK!
    http://adf.ly/x4tQb

CONTACTS:
    PICSHEET IS WRITTEN BY MARCO ORTALI, CONTACT HIM FOR BUGS OR HINTS AT:
    marco.ortali@live.it

2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Huh? So I copy the data off the sheet and enter into the applet.

What does that gain me over having the existing data sheet names and pinouts?

And welcome to the forums!

3. DjOrto

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    The advantage is that you have all the pinouts in one app, witouth having to go always searching for data sheet.
    This was a problem that i was always having when breadboarding a pic, or when i had to attach something to a pin, now you can have all your components in a small app
    The gain of the app will increase when we'll write a lot of libs so you'll have all there.

4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    No offense but I would rather just search the data sheet. I don't see where that is a big problem. That is a lot of data to enter and do it accurately for very little benefit. Plus I need to look at the data sheet anyway for the design notes.

And your post is hard to read with that center justification. You lost me after the second sentence.