PICkit2 -WARNING ABOUT CONFIGURATION WORDS?

somchai

Joined Oct 27, 2012
HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TRY TO USE THE PICKIT2 TO TRANSFER THE HEX FILE FROM MPLAB TO dsPIC30F4011.

INSTEAD IT DISPLAY " WARNING:SOME CONFIGURATION WORDS NOT IN HEX FILE. ENSURE DEFAULT VALUES ABOVE RIGHT ARE ACCEPTABLE.

I CHECK THAT MY CONFIGURATION BITS IN MPLAB IS NOT THE SAME AS
CONFIGURATION BITS IN THE PICKIT2?????

IS THIS THE PROBLEM????????????

THANK YOU !!!!!!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Now now relax, no reason to write in Caps is it? Use your energy to describe your problem in a way that other may understand it, and help you

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Ah, here it is. I see the problem:
SOME CONFIGURATION WORDS NOT IN HEX FILE.
The config words are not put into the hex file by the PICkit. The PICkit just reads what the hex file contains.

MPLAB is responsible for putting the config words into the hex file but it will only do what the source code (thru the compiler) tells it to do.

Now I am assuming you have the "Configuration Bits set in code" box in MPLAB checked as you are clearly intending to have the Configuration Bits set in code. This box is located on the top of the window where you have been checking the Config bits in MPLAB. If it is not checked that is your issue.

If it is checked, the issue can only be in the source code. Using code tags (look them up if need be), and NOT using all capital letters, add another post to this thread containing the portion of your code where the config bits are set. If you are not sure where they are set, repost asking "how are the config bits set in code?"

Last edited:

somchai

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Tqvm for replying. I have a few question to ask...

Following are the questions
1. What does this error means "Warning: Some configuration words not in hex file. Ensure default values above right are acceptable. ."??

2. Is the problem come from the configuration word written in the program??. The program was build succeeded OR the pickit2 itself..

3.when I compare the configuration bits in mplab, the value is BFF6( Primary Oscillator Mode),7FFF(WDT Prescaler),
7F6F(POR Timer Value),0007(General Code Segment Write Protect),C003(Comm Channel Select) which follow the configuration word in the program.
BUT, what i saw in the configuration word editor in PICKIT2 is different:
FFFF (FOSC), 7FFF(FWDT),FFFF(FBORPBOR),FFFF(FBS),FFFF(FSS),FFFF(FGS),7FFF(FICD)..
Is this the cause of the problem??

#include <p30fxxxx.h>
#include "MSR_Config.h"
#include "Dijkstra.h"
#include "Encoder.h"
#include "Task.h"
#include "Motor_Control.h"
#include "Path.h"
#include "LCD_Commands.h"
// Device configuration settings
_FOSC(CSW_FSCM_OFF & XT_PLL8);
_FWDT(WDT_OFF);
#if _DEBUG
_FBORPOR(PBOR_ON & BORV_27 & PWRT_64 & MCLR_DIS);
_FBORPOR(PBOR_OFF & PWRT_64 & MCLR_DIS);
#endif
extern unsigned int msr_iTMR4Wrapped;

TQVM. i Hope my posting is easy to read although i dont know how to insert image to this post. Trying to improve.