pickit 2 in minimum components

embpic

Joined May 29, 2013
Hello masters
I need pickit 2 schematic so I can will it at home with lowest components
I found following link 4 building pickit 2
pic-microcontroller.com/pickit-2-download-develop-your-own-usb-pickit-ii-programmer/

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You can build your self a PICKIT 2 clone no doubt. But have you checked on EBAY, some of clones are very cheap http://www.ebay.com/bhp/microchip-pickit-2
You should also know building a Pickit is kind of a modern variant of the chicken and paradox:p. You will need some sort of a PIC programmer(like a Pickit 2 programmer) to prgram the firmware into your homemade programmer before you can use it at all.

embpic

Joined May 29, 2013
Yes sir actually I also have one but it get damaged so I want one schematic with minimum component and basic function no need to have extra features.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It is much, much better to just buy a Microchip Pickkit II or III. Ask yourself if you would rather spend time working on your projects or working on the programmer.

It is hard enough getting a project to work properly. Much better to start with known good equipment than to worry if it is the equipment or your project that has a problem.

embpic

Joined May 29, 2013
Thank you for suggestion.But thing is that i have one and it get damaged. and i buy it for twice and done some r&d to repair it. so every time it is not possible to buy.so, it would be better to have PICkit 2 with schematic. so no need to depend on market wheather it is available or not.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
For a full schematic look at Appendix B of the Microchip PICkit™ 2 Programmer/Debugger User’s Guide.

(Really, who did they expect you to find it in that obscure place?)

Do note you need a PICkit to build a PICkit: it's what plugs into J1 to load the firmware.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
PICKIT kinda is a snobs programming tool.

The PICKIT2 is obsolete it does not work for new devices.

For the PICKIT3 you need 50 to 70 dollars.

If you want to go cheaper, get an AVRDUDE etc. ATMEL / Arduino programmer- the cheapest cost less than $5 on eBay.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
PICKIT kinda is a snobs programming tool.

The PICKIT2 is obsolete it does not work for new devices.

For the PICKIT3 you need 50 to 70 dollars.

If you want to go cheaper, get an AVRDUDE etc. ATMEL / Arduino programmer- the cheapest cost less than $5 on eBay.
As to my knowledge the AVRDUDE can not program PICs and perhaps the most important thing here. The AVRDUDE is a programmer only it can not do any HW debugging:rolleyes:. The PICKITs can do HW debugging if the debugging logic is onborad the PIC. I will not say it is snobbish to want to do HW debugging

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
As to my knowledge the AVRDUDE can not program PICs and perhaps the most important thing here. The AVRDUDE is a programmer only it can not do any HW debugging:rolleyes:. The PICKITs can do HW debugging if the debugging logic is onborad the PIC. I will not say it is snobbish to want to do HW debugging
Sure it can not program PICs.

But it is cheaper, much cheaper. Why bother patching a PICKIT2 or repairing it?

A) Buy a new PICKIT3
B) Buy something cheaper

And in any case as pointed out, you need a PIC programmer in order to build a PIC programmer.

PICKIT2 is obsolete.

Also I dont understand whats not clear from the website. Maybe OP is complaining there are too many parts?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
pickit 2 may not work with the newest devices, but you can get one for only a couple bucks and they work on almost any pic micro-controller out there

sure, you can't get the brand new one they released yesterday, but there are still plenty of options for your microcontroller needs for years to come

jjw

Joined Dec 24, 2013
Which devices the PICKIT2 does not support ?
Anyway there are a lot of devices supported from all new families, Pic18F
Pic24, dsPic33, Pic32