PIC18F2550 programmer

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by malalation, May 20, 2008.

1. malalation

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Hello all, I'm searching for a programmer (software) that supports PIC18F2550 I want to program it through the serial port of my computer.
    regards,

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    I have the TOP2049 programmer which uses the usb port of your computer and it supports PIC18F2550

3. 0xFF

Feb 26, 2008
    The Inchworm+, from blueroomelectronics.com, will do what you need.

You should seriously look at USB though -- it's much faster (MUCH!). The Unicorn kit can upgrade the Inchworm+ to utilize USB or, IMHO, get the Junebug, which is a better tool all around (the Junebug is a PicKit2 clone).

Both the Inchworm+ and Junebug are ICD's (In Circuit Debuggers).

(I own all three kits and have been extremely happy with all of them -- the Junebug is my favorite though.)

4. malalation

Feb 24, 2008
    I see:)
    but guys, I'm looking for a software programmer that supports this PIC

5. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    I think you mean you need a software to compile your code for this PIC. The one i use is MPLAB IDE is very good. Look in www.torrentz.com or www.rapidshare.com

You may find it for free.

6. malalation

Feb 24, 2008
    thanx for your replys, just to make things clearer :), I use mikroC to write my code in C language and to compile it into a HEX file, so what I need is a software that "downloads" the hex file into the PIC18F2550, I used to use PICprog to download the hex file into PIC16F84A, but it doesn't support PIC18F2550, so I need a new software that does :cool: