1. deepika45

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Hi, im new to pic and learning now. i want to write pic16f877a program, which takes input from c source code. the output from c code i have saved it in a file(output.txt). that file will be having two values, r and theta values.
    my issue is i want to write pic16f877a program which takes this two values(r,theta) that is, it should receive and transfer values to and from microcontroller using rs232, respectively. please help me.

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    What is your problem? Is it code or hardware related. Do you assembler or C coding. If you use C which compiler do you use. Do you have any schematic you can post. We do not know anything about your setup besides that you use a 16f877a. You must provide more details about your project. Have you read your PIC datasheet. This will tell you how to configure the 16f877a UART correct. Also RS232 do not use TTL signal level. So you will need a level converter. A MAX232 type circuit is common for this use.

3. deepika45

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    what i was instructed is, microcontroller has to receive two values, and send them or transfer those values, using pic16f877a? now im trying to write pic16f877a code, which im finding diffcult.
    i read pic datasheet and reading some more details also.