PIC16F877A Output to Web Server

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by sycluap, Feb 9, 2011.

1. sycluap

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Greetings!

I've done googling around to look for something similar, but all of the information is way out of what I can understand. Appreciate if some one can provide me some guidance on this matter.

I am working on a project, to read certain input via the PIC16F877A I/O, and from the I/O combination, I would like to output the information via ethernet, which the I/O information will be channeled to a APACHE web server (PC) and a script to translate the information and record in text file format.

I would like to know, how do I output the information through ethernet connectivity to the LAN?

If my question is unclear, let me know.

2. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Easiest an XPORT connected to the PICs USART pins.

3. sycluap

Feb 9, 2011
    Thanks for the prompt reply, correct me if I am wrong.

Output the data through USART pins connected to XPORT. Does XPORT directly convert the data to something the web server 'understand' which I can directly write PHP scripts to manipulate the data? Any other configuration required?

What about the possibility to replace the 'XPORT' with own design system, e.g. ENC28J60? Where can I start with?

4. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Sure the ENC28J60 is a better solution but the Ethernet stack from Microchip for C18 is designed for an 18F series PIC (more suitable for the task than the 16F series)
    A popular combo would be the 18F4620 & ENC28J60, google them and you'll get plenty of info. Not a beginner task by any means though.
    Here's something that might be helpful
    http://www.electrobob.com/ego-box/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ego-box

5. sycluap

Feb 9, 2011
    Really appreciate the info. Know this ain't gonna be easy, but I will first try it out, at least I have a direction now.

Thanks!