pic16f84a microcontroller code

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Masika Reuben, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masika Reuben

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 4, 2011
    I am a new programmer and am trying to programme pic16f84 to read a call from a nokia phone then give an output that can drive the actuator especially solenoid one of the car door lock to unlock and lock, can someone post a code for me please! if u have an idea on how to go about it. email me on this link <snip>.

Moderator's note: AAC forums are public in nature. All information should be set out in public.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  2. Potato Pudding

Jun 11, 2010
    It is a scary time to be alive in the world, because what comes to my mind is that you are describing the exact type of circuitry that could be used to remotely trigger a car bomb.

For that reason I would rather not be involved.

And including your email in a forum post is not a good idea.

3. Masika Reuben

Jun 4, 2011
    If that idea is not good please help me with the pic16f84a code that can read an sms from the phone and output a signal to control the locking of car doors and if the door is opened the pic triggers the phone to send you an sms to my phone, please help i am a finalist student doing a project and the difficult part is that programming the pic to do the functions.

4. DumboFixer

Feb 10, 2009
    But if we provide you with the code, you learn nothing.

The concerns mentioned are perfectly valid.

That said, it's not as easy as "reading" an sms from the phone - you'll need software in the phone to make it available (until recently I worked for Nokia and was involved in such things).

You also haven't provided anywhere near enough information. What model Nokia ? S60 (which Symbian version), S40 ?

5. Masika Reuben

Jun 4, 2011
    Am using Nokia 3310 and 9210, i have chosen to use USB to Serial converter to interface between the phone and pic, i have read about pic syntax but am experiencing a problem in applying and i have also run short of time thus why i am seeking for assistance from you, i have all other requirements like software mplab and programmer for pic its only to write the programme.

6. be80be

Jul 5, 2008
    The wording of the post don't sound good who would use
    When you want to remotely open a Lock door

That really set's off bells in my head

7. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    We will bring this thread to a close. There are simply too many fob controllers on the market for this to be worth the time and effort

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.