Pic12F675 A2D problem

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Got this little blighter working ok , a2d working but when i look at the adresh and adresl files which are the results of the a2d , they both are the same values and not the usual lower 2 bits in adresl and upper 8 bits in adresh, yet its set to left justified,

tried the same routine on my usual 18f24k22, works perfect left or right justified the 8 and 2 bits are in different files,

if i get the adresh file and put it to the gpio output ,the leds flicker on and off counting up as they should do as i rotate the preset on port An0,
no probs there yet if i look at adresl its the same all leds flicker and counting , they should be the lower two bits as i am using left justified,

why is the adresh and adresl showing the same values, is there something in the chip or programme that makes it not work like the 18f pic?

Here is the AD setup in Asm

AD ; a to d routine for pot on an0 pin 7,
bsf STATUS,RP0 ; banks select 1
movlw b'11001001' ; Specifiy GPIO port direction
movwf TRISIO ; Set GPIO ports as xx0OIOO1 gp1-2 4-5 output, gp0,3 input
movlw b'01110001' ; set AN0 to analogue input bit 0, int rc osc,
movwf ANSEL
bcf STATUS,RP0 ; bank 0
movlw b'00000001' ; a/d on AN0 left justified bit 7=0, int ref vdd bit 6,set bit 1 to start conversion
movwf ADCON0

movlw b'0000111' ; turn off comparators pg 37
movwf CMCON ; put to reg
bsf ADCON0,1 ; start conversion
hold
btfsc ADCON0,1 ; is it done yet?
goto hold ; no
bsf STATUS,RP0 ; bank 1
clrf ANSEL ; ports to digital I/O
clrf TRISIO ; set ports to output
bcf STATUS,RP0 ; bank 0

return

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
ad clock is set to 2-6uSec, internal 500khz speed, so thats the longest time.

Must be the gpio port, it works ok in right justified.....

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
eric sent you a pm with the asm file attached..

note if i change the line movfw adresh to adresl, the leds move the same , they should only be the lower two bits

Attachments

Last edited:

RJohnson

Joined May 29, 2011
You realize this is an 8 pin device and GPIO does not include bits 6 & 7 when left justified. So when you write to A/D result to GPIO those
2 bits do not get written as there are no outputs. Make sense?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
yes i know, what i get is both files adresh,adresl have the same values in them which ever i choose left or right justified, even if i use the xorwf with adresh, adresl, and test for zero, its as though they operate as one file...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
If what RJohnson suggested isn't the issue, ADRESH and ADRESL are in different banks, which, it doesn't seem like you are switching between to access them - perhaps that is the issue.

RJohnson

Joined May 29, 2011
And why I like the 16 bit processors written in C better. I didn't like keeping track of the banks in the 8 bit stuff. err!@$#%