PIC Programmers For Modern Computing and Operating Systems.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I just ditch the pins used for ICSP mostly, can reuse for serial IO.
There is no real-world need to deal with *small* controller ICs in preference of lets say 14 or 20pin.

The smallest I use have 14 pin, need more, take another IC.
I just did my first project with a smaller pic. I couldn't agree more. Pay the extra few cents for a bigger chip and more board, it is a pain in the ass to move chips back and forth for development. The little pic12F752 has a lot of features but, until I make a million of something, I am not going to do that again.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Pay the extra few cents for a bigger chip and more board, it is a pain in the ass to move chips back and forth for development.
Depends on how fast you are I guess. Sometimes a subtle compromise on accuracy though with speed. How many compiles / builds do you require to get your code right?

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
There is no real-world need to deal with *small* controller ICs in preference of lets say 14 or 20pin.
Rubbish. The Silicon Chip magazine in Australia spent over an decade doing projects which used an 18-pin MCU. Many professional and original designs from an expert designer coding in assembly pushing the chip to extremes. Projects sold as commercial KITs in BIG retail stores. None of this online crap from Peter who copied Paul who copied John.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Rubbish. The Silicon Chip magazine in Australia spent over an decade doing projects which used an 18-pin MCU. Many professional and original designs from an expert designer. Projects sold as commercial KITs in BIG retail stores. None of this online crap from Peter who copied Paul who copied John.
I'm not Silicon Chip mag, dot period.

When you dont get my grammar, for instance *using*,
suggest, read again, and *think* what it really could mean.

I understand it could be hard to read for people with impairments, as I use weird circuits with mistakes in the schematic.

When you cant change them to something that makes sense, in fact, you should NOT buy my kits, chances are, you cant make it working properly or burn it out,

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
because "small" is relative, the emphasis is changed.

Makes more sense:
There is no real-world need to deal with small controller ICs, in *preference* of lets say 14 or 20pin

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
I'm not Silicon Chip mag, dot period.

When you dont get my grammar, for instance *using*,
suggest, read again, and *think* what it really could mean.

I understand it could be hard to read for people with impairments, as I use weird circuits with mistakes in the schematic.

When you cant change them to something that makes sense, in fact, you should NOT buy my kits, chances are, you cant make it working properly or burn it out,
What are your qualifications in academia?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
When you give orders, you dont say

and *think* what it really could mean.

You say: think!
When you cant solve it you loose your job

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Ok lets dig this dispute.

I mean, tell me in simple words:

Why do you need to save pins with 8pin DIP, when 14pin SOIC is easier and faster?

You dont get large controllers in 8pin either.

So, typical use for DIY, its the wrong kind of IC. Its cheap, but too limited.

These ICs are good for mass products.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Ok lets dig this dispute.

I mean, tell me in simple words:

Why do you need to save pins with 8pin DIP, when 14pin SOIC is easier and faster?

You dont get large controllers in 8pin either.

So, typical use for DIY, its the wrong kind of IC. Its cheap, but too limited.

These ICs are good for mass products.
You use what you can get away with in the 'real world' You master one single entity and push it. You re-use design segments. You get spin-off projects from your template.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Not really. Because in the real world you only get the job to begin with if you are an liked person.
I've studied some who gradually failed adapting to markets, sure when they started it was good, but then problems came.

People were fired in the cause of that quite often.

Maybe its your diagnosis. you only see your definiotion of words as valid.
Well if you really can see the other, also valid opinion, you dont have it, but you similate it

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
You use what you can get away with in the 'real world' You master one single entity and push it. You re-use design segments. You get spin-off projects from your template.
yes sure, that often involved changing the ICs. Goodnight to all assembler programmers.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I take it you don't like my schematics?
No thats OK, I have built these too some day.
Its more like, my schematics would confuse you.

I use different parts so the print is wrong.
The pads layout is the same, so I just use capacitor pads for a coil.

Actually, for the fact you claim retirement, your work is quite good and respectable. Its the intention that counts.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
yes sure, that often involved changing the ICs. Goodnight to all assembler programmers.
I would love to learn assembler, but I would probably need one-to-one tuition. It is beyond me. But then again C was beyond me until I started to learn Java. Prior to this is was all in BASIC for me.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
sure at first, you see large online shop, and think, a lot of rubbish.

YOU never need it.

When you see it from viewpoint how well you could resell it, its totally different.

Even if it is rubbish, people want it, you buy it from a distributor, and make money.
If you actually like selling all day.

I've actualy sold rubbish, old ICs I already had in a large bag for disposal. Changed my opinion.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Actually, for the fact you claim retirement, your work is quite good and respectable. Its the intention that counts.
I don't claim anything anymore. I have an terminally ill mother on my hands, and we have an hospital bed in our lounge room to prove it. I have my own basket full of problems including schizophrenia, depression and a slowly growing morphine dependancy for chronic shoulder pain.