1. ayodele234

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Please friends i need a programmer, can any one recommend a good programmer for me.
  2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Yes PICKIT2 or PICKIT3. The best programmers for PICs
  3. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm a programmer.

I write good programs. For lots of teh monies.

Send me teh monies, then we can talk.
    praondevou likes this.
  4. nigelwright7557

May 10, 2008
    Best stand alone programmer is the Microchip PICSTART plus.
    If microchip cant get it right then no one can !
  5. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    It is good but doomed with the almost extinct serial port disappearing from computers. I still use it. And I will until I change PC or micros.
  6. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    I'll vote for PICKit 2 or PICKit 3 with demo board for ~ $50 or $60

The PICKit 2 has some features the PICKit 3 doesn't, such as UART analyzer, 3 channel logic probe, and logic injection. However, it doesn't program/debug the very newest uC's from Microchip

The PICKit 3 will program and debug all PICs, but lacks the extra tools the PICKit 2 provides.

If you already have a logic analyzer, then go with the PICKit 3, If you do not, the PICKit 2 supports 90% of the PICs around that you find programs for all over the web.

Do NOT buy a PICKit 2 Clone to save $10, or any other "DIY/build it yourself" type programmer for PICs. We have many threads on people trying to get into microcontrollers and giving up because they tried to save $10 on the programming hardware. If they end up buying a PICKit, they are suddenly happy.