PIC Programmer please!!!

diamondking3

Joined Mar 16, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on a project which is return RS232 signal from PC to PIC to PC. (Develop a system that takes a message from hyperterminal on a PC unit and then sends the message to a PIC unit and then has the PIC send a message back to hyper terminal)

I'm using PIC16F690, But having trouble programming it as i haven't learnt on how to programme it... so it would be great if you can help me with PIC programming.

Cheers!

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
What programming?
1)Do you want to learn assembly or any high level language like C.
2)Or its just you know how to code but dont know how to program or burn the program to your mcu i.e.. PIC.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
If you haven't yet, I would recommend you download MPLAB and buy a PICkit2. These are what I use, and they seem to work great. When you have them, you'll have to decide which language to use. I personally prefer C, as it is easier to write and follow.
Der Strom

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
We will help you, but you should know by now. That we want not to do your project for you. Why do you not show us your effort so far. So can we take things from that point.

diamondking3

Joined Mar 16, 2011
Yes, my tutor ask us to use MPLAB and Pickit as well. I've build the Max232 and the only thing left is to programme the PIC and connect it to the PC and Max232.

But i have no clue on what the programme code is going to look like. Hope someone could give me some examples.

The starting point of any embedded design where you are unfamiliar with the hw/sw is to flash an LED. That way you can get used to the dev tools, the hardware, using interrupts, GPIO, timers, generating programming files, burning the micro, etc...

To do that, simply google PIC tutorials. There are lots out there for just about every family you can imagine.