pic microcontrollers for switching inputs

cirep

Joined Apr 17, 2015
Since last time i have been going through your suggestions and it becomes clearer that the controller will not suit the job due to the difficulties to implent it and the programming needed.I will take your advice and look for simpler means to do the electronics and will let you all know how i am going on with it.Any suggestions what i can do with the 16c05 that i have?

cirep

Joined Apr 17, 2015
Good quality mechanicahes don't usually introduce significant noise unless the contacts are dirty or worn out, whereas, electronic switches will introduce some noise and distortion, it just won't get worse with age.

Your requirement is very simple and you should have no problem writing the code yourself but you need to decide whether you use relays or solid-state switches. Either way, the code will be the same.

I don't know what knowledge of PICs you have but I suggest that you first solve the problem by drawing a block diagram showing the inputs and outputs to your "black box" then create a flow chart and when you're happy that the logic works, transfer it to PIC assembly language.

I don't think you'll need any more than 20 lines of code for this.
My friend who is an It student may write the program but i think we will not persue with the microcontroller issue because of the feedback from the forum .It would have been nice to go with the experiment though just to see the behaviour of the circuit.We even had a PIC programmer ready.My friend who beforehand was not keen to work with pics had advised me prior to my thread with the forum that there were easier means to do this and that i was a stubborn person and not willing to listen.He didn't understand that this was only for experimental purposes.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
My friend who is an It student may write the program but i think we will not persue with the microcontroller issue because of the feedback from the forum .It would have been nice to go with the experiment though just to see the behaviour of the circuit.We even had a PIC programmer ready.My friend who beforehand was not keen to work with pics had advised me prior to my thread with the forum that there were easier means to do this and that i was a stubborn person and not willing to listen.He didn't understand that this was only for experimental purposes.
I don't understand your logic. There are easier ways to switch the inputs than via electronic means but, if you choose to go the electronic route a PIC offers an inexpensive one-chip solution. The coding would be very simple and, therefore, would be a good starting point for someone looking for a first PIC project.