PIC Interface with PC

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by saneeshforu, May 14, 2015.

1. saneeshforu

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Haii all,

I am developing a temperature measuring system using PIC16F877A .My question is there is any free/open source software(windows) available for monitoring temperature in my PC, ie simply I am sending temperature readings through rs 232 protocol and the software reads that value from computers rs232 port and displaying the temperature that’s all .I don’t know this type of interfacing, I knew only reading displaying with lcd/led etc. If it is possible please give me the name of software’s which can simply configurable.

Thanks in advance

Saneesh George

2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Is this plain text ASCII? If so all you need is a Windows program called Hyperterminal.

Unfortunately as of Windows 7 that applet was dropped so you may need to do a search for "Hyperterminal replacement" to see what is out there. There are lots of free and pretty decent programs out there.

3. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    If you want a 'pretty' GUI/HMI display, you could do it with C++ to program a PC window, I believe there is still a free VB module on Microsoft, but not sure how powerful it is, there are other programs such as free CodeBlocks that may do it for you in C++.

Max.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  4. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    HyperTerminal is still available for download.

5. saneeshforu

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 22, 2014
    ok Mr.MaxHeadRoom and Mr ErnieM,... So i have lern about c++programming to do a good GUI .thanks all for your valuable information.

6. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    You could also look at the C# option, as mentioned in the Utube Vid, it may be quicker option.
    Max.