PIC 18F2431 Programming Problem

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
I am unable to program a 18F2431 PIC's using Picstart+, which has the latest firmware.

Reading online I see that others, using different PIC programmers are also having problems.

Has anyone a found a fix or a work around for this problem.?

Eric

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi John,
I am getting the identical problem to that shown on the link you posted.
I have read thru some of the solutions but I am a bit reluctant at this time to change the AV wiring in the Picstart+ prommer.

I was hoping for a firmware solution if possible.
Eric

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I wouldn't change the PICstart either, but I would make an interposer board that plugs into the PICstart with a socket for the PIC makes the 1:1 connections and that also makes the extra AV connections.

If you're lucky you may be able to just insert two jumpers to make these connections without making the board (which has the huge benefit of testing the concept without making that interposer board).

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi John,
I bit the bullet and modified the Picstart+ as the link suggested, BUT as a precaution I put the jumper links on a 28 pin turned header socket and plugged that into the prommer ZIF socket, with the 18F2431 in the header socket, I got a successful PIC program.;)

Thanks for your help.
Eric

Attachments

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ernie,
Just read your post, as you see I like you took the same approach as you suggested, I used a 28 pin header with the mod links.
Eric

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi John,
I bit the bullet and modified the Picstart+ as the link suggested, BUT as a precaution I put the jumper links on a 28 pin turned header socket and plugged that into the prommer ZIF socket, with the 18F2431 in the header socket, I got a successful PIC program.;)

Thanks for your help.
Eric
I did the same thing, and got s successful PIC progam 18F2431 with Pickit2

C.