Pic 16HV610

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Birdog, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Birdog

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Is there anyone who can help me program this PIC or give some code examples. I am trying to use a button for an input and turn on an output that blinks a # of seconds. I program PLC's and Drives but this language I am having a hard time understanding. I have MPlab and a pickit 2.:confused:

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Why don't you try googling or Microchip site itself

3. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Try Boost C or Boost BASIC for a language. Assembly on a PIC16 isn't the easiest thing in the world to pick up quick, but compilers make it easier if you know a language. Also popular for PIC16 are: MikroC and MikroBASIC, and PIC BASIC PRO.

There are different pricing levels for all, but they all have a demo version that is RAM limited, but most applications do not come close to hitting the limitations until you are working with advanced projects.

4. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Do you have a schematic?

Need to see what is connected where to do the proper program.

Try one of the above mentions languages. That's much easier than hard-core assembly.

Perhaps he did that, but was not able to understand what it said? Maybe he want to chat with people? He should say what he has done so far....

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
  6. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Just look up any of the 16F series. There are tons of examples for the 16F84; 16F84A; 16F628; and 16F628A.

I started with Assembly and had no problem. If you know a flavor of C already, then that is probably where to start. But if you don't, Assembly from one of the many turorials is easy to pickup.

John

7. nigelwright7557

May 10, 2008
    You need to set up an I/O port for your input and output then read and write to these accordingly.

For a delay just make a code that loops and wastes time.

8. psycho

Dec 28, 2010
    1st post... Anyway, pick up a book called Programming and Customizing the PIC Microcontroller by Myke Predko. This is the book I used when I started with PICs. It not only goes through the hardware but also the software (in assembly language).

Or, if you prefer, download a compiler (lots of example code available, too). They play very nicely with MPLAB! Check out:
    http://www.microchip.com/compilers/

psycho

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010