Pic 16f887 - Lcd

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by ddrin_druzizzle, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ddrin_druzizzle

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Hi, this is my first PIC program, and I need a bit of help to program the 16F887 to use an LCD display. I am using the test board that is included in the PICkit2 Debug Express. All I want to do is just display some characters on my LCD, but I don't really have a clue where to begin. Should I do this in assembly or C? And should I use the CCS compiler? Help?

2. Reshma

Mar 11, 2007
    I think you mean PIC 16F877. However for LCD interfacing you can even use 16F84. You can write the code in MPLAB IDE, PIC ProBasic,C++ or any other compiler you are familiar with. You can check out an example of the circuit diagram in this site:
    http://www.ke4nyv.com/picprojects.htm#projects

3. lightingman

Apr 19, 2007
    Hi,Yes, it is quite simple....I use Crownhill's Picbasic compiler....Once you have told the program what type of LCD you are using (number of lines and characters, it is a case of just saying CLS (clear screen) : PRINT AT 1,1, "your text here"...Print at (display characters), 1 (line 1), 1 (first character start position), and then whatever you wish to print....Daniel.Daniel.

4. phani kuamar k.s.v

Mar 25, 2008
    HAI .. I HAVE A PROGRAM .. I USED IT FOR MY PROJECT..

THIS IS TO GENERATE SOME GATE PULSES FOR MOSFET.

U CAN USE IT TO GENERATE SIGNALS AT THE PORT C ..
    I USED VISUAL c++ AS A COMPILER
    THEN U CAN INTERFACE IT WITH ANY LOAD.. KIKE UR LCD MAIL ME IF U WANT THE CODING..
    I HAVE THE vc++ FILE.. OR IN A WORD FORMAT.. U CAN MAIL ME IF U WANT IT..

ALL THE BEST!