Phororesistor Use with X-Band Dectector? Need help.

arhy

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Hi Everybody!

I am new to this and also a newbie when it comes to electronics. I am trying to figure out how to make a circuit light dependent.

I have a x-band detector powered by a 5V battery thru USB. The x band sends a signal to a circuit board that triggers a gopro camera on. I am trying to make the setup light dependent. Basically, I want the signal from the x-band detector to get to the gopro circuit board ONLY if it's light outside. I want the camera to turn on in daylight and not operate at nighttime. If there's no signal from the x-band detector, the camera will not trigger.

The question: Can I just add a photoresistor in series with the x band - between the x-band and the circuit board - to make it light dependent? Would the photoresistor block the signal from the x-band detector at night time?

I am using a paralax x band detector. Model is here.

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Senso...efault.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

Hope you understand my question. I am trying to make the setup as easy as possible since I'm gonna be using it outside in a box.

Thanks in advance for your help!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Yes a photoresistor with a low enough resistance when illuminated, in series with signal from the x band detector to the camera, should work.