Phillips plasma TV

brozizds

Joined Aug 15, 2010
Help!
We have a Phillips Plasma TV and when we try to turn it on all I get is a clicking from the back of set and a green led is flashing in the back at the same time. I've been told that I can replace the card in the back and also that there is a start up capicitor that needs to be changed . Is there a simple fix? Also my HDMI ports havent worked for a while. When I asked Phillips they said plug and un plug that worker the first time but not this time! HELP!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
This is a common problem with these TV's. The clicking you are hearing is a relay. It is due to faulty capacitors on the power supply board, about $3 to replace them (you'll also need a soldering iron and some solder.) It's not the exact same TV, but this Samsung owner fixed his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm51C_RDIZE

Phillips, Samsung, etc. all cheaped out on these components. They used lower voltage ratings than necessary, causing the capacitors to fail after a while. The clicking is caused by the TV power cycling on and off as the power supply is not stable with faulty capacitors.

brozizds

Joined Aug 15, 2010
Thanks my tv works fine now . Thank you for your very usefull info!:)
Buy the way it cost $ 10.32 for 5 Radial Caps. and about 1 hr.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Thanks my tv works fine now . Thank you for your very usefull info!:)
Buy the way it cost $ 10.32 for 5 Radial Caps. and about 1 hr.
Great to know! Enjoy. Make sure you used capacitors with a higher voltage rating than the originals, or they too will fail within a few years. I guess capacitors are a bit more expensive where you are but I buy mine pretty cheap from places like Farnell, Digikey, etc.

Are the HDMI ports fixed too? Faulty capacitors could have been causing problems with the high definition decoder circuitry, or something like that.