Phasors are Vectors

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
AliceT,

To anyone who wants to see evidence of an obvious Ratch lie:

Go to Ratch's previously quoted link, but add the parenthesis at the end....

here I'll do it for you, just cut and paste the following text into your browser, but go back and check his post so you see I don't lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phasor_(electronics)

So the first line says the following:

In physics and engineering, a phase vector ("phasor") is a representation of a sinewave whose amplitude (A), phase (θ), and frequency (ω) are time-invariant.
Your link is damaged, just as mine was. The above link does not take anyone there to the line you quoted. No matter, however. As I said before, it is easy to find references saying phasors and vectors are one and the same. My contention is that they were somewhat different, otherwise they would not have different names. It is not a lie because I did not delibrately mislead you. You could say that I was mistaken or had a different view of what a phasor was, but that does not make it a lie. Just to conclude this discussion, I agreed to accept the notion that a phasors and vectors were a distinction without a difference.

By the way, I thought that you were not going to reply to this thread anymore.

Ratch

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
Mark44,

YES!!! Several of us have been trying valiantly to make exactly that point. Matrices, phasors, and the mathematical structures mentioned earlier are supersets of vectors.
I believe I was the first to mention "supersets". Correct me if I am wrong about that. I think we are all on the same page anyway with respect to this topic. Not that it affected our computational abilities.

Ratch

AliceT

Joined Dec 31, 1969
By the way, I thought that you were not going to reply to this thread anymore.

Ratch
To everyone other than Ratch:

Once again I would like to call attention to the way Ratch lies. I previously said that I would not talk to Ratch anymore. Also, earlier I said that I had no more to say about the vector/phasor debate. I did not say that I would not respond to this thread anymore. My last post was addressed to those other than Ratch, as is this one.

I can now visualize Ratch at his computer laughing that he drew yet another person into a meaningless post. I wonder what his next attempt will be. I just want everyone to be aware that Ratch just does this for kicks, no matter what he may say. He is just too smart to really believe all these illogical things he keep saying.

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
AliceT,

To everyone other than Ratch:

Once again I would like to call attention to the way Ratch lies. I previously said that I would not talk to Ratch anymore. Also, earlier I said that I had no more to say about the vector/phasor debate. I did not say that I would not respond to this thread anymore. My last post was addressed to those other than Ratch, as is this one.
If you post something on a billboard, you cannot expect selective perusal. Especially when you quote the person with whom you do not want to communicate.

Once again I would like to call attention to the way Ratch lies.
And I would like to again call your attention to the fact that a lie cannot occur unless there is an intent to deceive.

I can now visualize Ratch at his computer laughing that he drew yet another person into a meaningless post. I wonder what his next attempt will be.
It is possible for you to visualize all manner of things.

I wonder what his next attempt will be.
Stick around.

I just want everyone to be aware that Ratch just does this for kicks, no matter what he may say.
You cannot say that with truth without knowing my state of mind, which you do not know.

He is just too smart to really believe all these illogical things he keep saying.
I like to look at things with a different perspective, which you might not agree with. You are probably too used to thinking inside the box.

Ratch

AliceT

Joined Dec 31, 1969
If you post something on a billboard, you cannot expect selective perusal. Especially when you quote the person with whom you do not want to communicate.
Dear AliceT,

I am writing you this letter to inform you that it is possible to formally address a select person or group of people irrespective of whether or not those you are not addressing are reading or listening to your comments.

To cite a specific example, you can have a conversation with a friend in a restaurant, even if you notice a person at the next table listening in.

As another example, a teacher can pause from addressing the class to openly talk to one student even though the rest of the class is listening. In doing so, that teacher might even quote something that another student just said, and still would not be addressing the person quoted.

Further, you could hire a skywriter to use his airplane to write a proposal of marriage from you to your girlfriend without fear that others will think you are talking to them.

There are many other examples that could be cited, but hopefully these examples suffice with such a basic concept.

I am reminding you of that which you know so well, since recent dealings with fuzzy thinkers may have adversely impacted your memory and other mental capabilties.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Sincerely,
AliceT

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Thanks, I was wondering why the link did not work properly.
For anyone interested the fault is at the Wikipedia end.

I actually copied the link to the post, tested it and found the last ) in the wrong place so I edited it.

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
AliceT,

Thank you for your attention in this matter.
No thanks needed, but you are welcome anyway. I am always attentive in matters where my quotes are posted. Especially when the person addresses the post to oneself. Suggestion. If you want privacy, use the private message feature of this forum.

Ratch