Phasor Diagrams and General AC Circuit Theory

rich_greeny

Joined Jan 19, 2005
yo all, new here. I've got an electrotech exam next wednesday, and i'm a bit dumfounded by all the AC stuff to learn and how to approach things. Anybody have any ideas on basic things?

e.g. equivalent circuits, inductors + capacitances in ac. And i can't draw phasor diagrams as i missed half the important lectures because i was ill with the mumps :( Also i missed a load of rubbish in induction motors etc.

Apologies for being a bit vague, i'm just a bit stuck on what to revise!

The lecturer has done a revision sheet (see attachment) incase you're wondering what we've covered, but i've forgotten half of it, hence revision.

Regards

You have a problem. I do not know what your level of study is (tech, engineering tech or engineering) but there is no way to learn the material you reference by reading a couple of posts on a forum.

If you are serious about your studies, you need to dig in to the text and put in the time needed in your studies. As another poster related, you should sit down with your instructor or professor and have a sincere talk. If you are indeed sincere, they will work with you. I know because I have been doing it for almost thirty years.

Doc

Originally posted by rich_greeny@Jan 19 2005, 05:17 AM
yo all, new here. I've got an electrotech exam next wednesday, and i'm a bit dumfounded by all the AC stuff to learn and how to approach things. Anybody have any ideas on basic things?

e.g. equivalent circuits, inductors + capacitances in ac. And i can't draw phasor diagrams as i missed half the important lectures because i was ill with the mumps :( Also i missed a load of rubbish in induction motors etc.

Apologies for being a bit vague, i'm just a bit stuck on what to revise!

The lecturer has done a revision sheet (see attachment) incase you're wondering what we've covered, but i've forgotten half of it, hence revision.

Regards
[post=4653]Quoted post[/post]​

Windex

Joined Feb 2, 2005
Originally posted by professor blue@Feb 1 2005, 12:04 PM
You have a problem. I do not know what your level of study is (tech, engineering tech or engineering) but there is no way to learn the material you reference by reading a couple of posts on a forum.

If you are serious about your studies, you need to dig in to the text and put in the time needed in your studies. As another poster related, you should sit down with your instructor or professor and have a sincere talk. If you are indeed sincere, they will work with you. I know because I have been doing it for almost thirty years.

Doc
[post=4966]Quoted post[/post]​
I somewhat learn ohm's law in a day.. 7 hours. I'm still working on some principles.