Peerless trade

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Since we don't seem to have a moderator online at the moment perhaps we could all send emails of outrage to

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I already used the report button. (several times).
That seems so send an email to the forum leaders.
I also have send a PM to the forumleaders.

Greetings,
Bertus

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Hi Bertus, that will only work when they come on line.

Meanwhile the annoying spam is getting in the way of genuine posts.

Just remember don't use your regular Email account to send a blast to these louts.

I don't suppose they want their email boxes flooded with input anymore than we want our new posts list.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Anyone who can break into national security systems is not someone with whom I want to get into an electronic duel. I saw the spammers you mention and did not click on any of the links. The user names and content were just too obvious, but not all are that way.

Unfortunately, it seems that practical alternatives, like restricting new posters from posting links, do more harm than good. The spammers just post the minimum number of nonsense posts, then post their links. Legitimate newcomers are the only ones affected. The US implemented anti-telemarketing laws. It had an initial effect, but there are so many exceptions now that the number of anonymous calls is about the same as before.

Maybe this is a problem the UN can solve. ;)

Until that happens, it is probably something we have to live with to enjoy the freedom of the internet.

John

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thing about wrestling with a pig, you get dirty and the pig likes it!

Paraphrasing from another Heinlien quote. I prefer they think I think they're invisable.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
HGMJr has removed the offensive spam. We apologize for the delay - it is a holiday weekend here in the US and we are a bit distracted.

We thank you for bringing this spammer to our attention. One of the reasons this forum works so well is because members like you act as extra eyes!

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I never had any doubt that justice would catch up with the offender.

This thread has served its pupose and can be closed or deleted.

Thanks all.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I will continue to watch for unwanted stuff like the spam and other unwanted links.
I will report them as I have done upto now.
I like this forum as it is. Friendly and clean.

Greetings,
Bertus