PDF to JPG schematic converter

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello,

@cmartinez , Did you read this?
The demo version allows you to try all available features of Universal Document Converter. There is no restriction or limitation except for the addition of a watermark on each output file.
There will be a branding on the output file as I see.
A license will cost you $29.
http://www.print-driver.com/order

Bertus
Got GIMP. Schematics seem to come out alright so far.

Marley

Joined Apr 4, 2016
Hi. You can, if you use GNU-Linux, install Popper-Utils:
$ sudo apt-get install poppler-utils
Then you command:
$ pdftoppm [-rx 300] [-ry 300] [-png] <MyPDF.pdf> <MyOutPut.jpg>
You beat me to it!
Poppler tools is a hidden gem that comes in most Linux distributions. You can split a pdf into pages, combine a number of pdf documents into one. Extract images - all sorts of things. Typically Linux, of course: documentation hard to find, command line but actually very useful.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Just to note, Windows 7 (and maybe 8,10, etc.) comes with an image grabber tool called "Snipping Tool". That allows you to select any image on the screen, from .pdf or other, and copy it to say a .png file as an image. It is fairly quick to use.

I did not delve into the .pdf file format as deeply as some other formats like .doc and .jpg, but from what i understand the .pdf format incorporates several different image file formats within it's structure so we might find what looks like a jpg or gif or other, but the color space might be indexed similar to an 8 bit bmp file but not exactly the same so it takes some extra programming to reconstruct the images if you wanted to write a program to do that.
In most .doc files i have found .gif files stored intact, so extracting them is easier then with .pdf -- just look for the file signature and other recognizable bytes. Not sure if they are all like this though as i havent gone too deep into that format either really.
Jpg's are fairly complex though, with several data compression techniques being used like Huffman and the two dimensional Discrete Cosine Transform, but there is also room for Arithmetic encoding and maybe other types of encoding schemes. All this makes for one very complicated decoder.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
As @MrAl mentioned, on windows hit the windows key then type "snip". Select "snipping tool" from the list. Just draw a box around what you want to capture with the mouse and presto you have a screen shot. Click save to save it in your favorite format.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
As @MrAl mentioned, on windows hit the windows key then type "snip". Select "snipping tool" from the list. Just draw a box around what you want to capture with the mouse and presto you have a screen shot. Click save to save it in your favorite format.
Thanks. I didn't know I had that.

average_joe

Joined Jul 20, 2016
Just take the screen shot, paste into paint and save as jpg. If you want to be fancy, paste into IrFanView and adjust quality so that pics are not huge files.
Dear shteii01, if you take a screenshot, it won't capture whole page because a PDF page can have more resolution than your screen resolution. I suggest to use a free separate software to convert PDF to JPG. There are many free software available for that like http://jpg-to-word-converter.en.softonic.com

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I am looking for a PDF to JPG converter to convert schematics in PDF to JPG. Free is preferable. Some don't do lines very well.
Windows computer? "Snipping tool" is a standard program. I use it for schematics and lines come out pretty good. Just search on your computer for "snip".

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The latest download to Win10 is Cortana, any one using it, if so what edge does it have?
Max.
Cortana is like Siri on iPhone. It works pretty well. Accuracy is mostly dependent on microphone and ambient room noise. I actually have Microsoft phone too (With cortana) and I seem to get better results than Siri. Was "what edge does it have" a pun? Cortana will only return results on Microsoft Edge - cannot be used with other browsers.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Dear shteii01, if you take a screenshot, it won't capture whole page because a PDF page can have more resolution than your screen resolution. I suggest to use a free separate software to convert PDF to JPG. There are many free software available for that like http://jpg-to-word-converter.en.softonic.com
You need not have the full document on your screen to use the snapshot tool. Zoom to whatever incredible resolution your heart desires, then click-hold-drag across the entire image then release.