PCCT service

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Nope.... what I use is http://www.expresspcb.com/
Their software is good enough, and can export a DXF sketch. But other than that, it's proprietary of course, and of little help for anyone else.
Their prices are not too bad, and can produce non-rectangular boards. They work in 1 to 4 layers, and have excellent quality.
I've designed at least 12 or 15 boards with their software, and bought almost 1,000 pieces total.
Also, they always deliver on time.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I count 5 or 10 as "small".

Lead time falls under the "good/cheap/fast" rule: you can't have all three:

cheap & fast: wouldn't be good
good & fast: wouldn't be cheap
good & cheap: wouldn't be fast

China boards turn in about a week, or less if you pay for it.

I've received custom boards in 3 or maybe 4 weeks using the default/free slow boat from China shipping. You can always pay more to get them faster.

A quantity 5 units of a 5x5cm board is around $35 free ship from China. PCP Uni wants between $211 or $411 (plus shipping?) depending on how long you want to wait.

I got a few days to wait for 1/10th the cost.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I count 5 or 10 as "small".

Lead time falls under the "good/cheap/fast" rule: you can't have all three:

cheap & fast: wouldn't be good
good & fast: wouldn't be cheap
good & cheap: wouldn't be fast

China boards turn in about a week, or less if you pay for it.

I've received custom boards in 3 or maybe 4 weeks using the default/free slow boat from China shipping. You can always pay more to get them faster.

A quantity 5 units of a 5x5cm board is around $35 free ship from China. PCP Uni wants between $211 or $411 (plus shipping?) depending on how long you want to wait.

I got a few days to wait for 1/10th the cost.
China is a very big place... would you mind sharing which specific supplier you're referring to?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I search out PCB makers on EBay. I believe one of the vendors I used was "Sure Electronics." They currently offer 5x cm boards for $22.39 delivered.

Some vendors seem to come and go, that and other things lead me to believe there is just be one plant with free lancers hitting EBay to hawk boards.

Roderick Young

Joined Feb 22, 2015
I haven't used them, but their custom quote seems to have very reasonable prices, if I want, say, quantity 3 of a large board. The fixed price proto special is for 35 square inches and smaller. I bookmarked their page, thanks for the tip.

If you have very small boards, consider https://oshpark.com/pricing , which charges by the square inch, and gold plates all exposed conductors, making their product highly solderable.