pcb

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You can also hand draw schematics using sharpies.

I've never had any luck using the photographic method, which is one reason I bought a laser printer.

You can also take your artwork to a commercial printer such as Staple's or Kinko's and have it done on their laser printer.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Use any printer you have and make a transparency. Then use a pre-sensitized, positive photoresist PCB board. It is the method many people use and prefer.

If you do not have a printer or do not have a pre-sensitized blank board, PCB tracks and pads can be placed directly on the copper blank using a marking pen (as already suggested), dry transfer tapes, or fine-line vinyl tape.

John

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Another method that works depending upon the complexity of the board is to cover the copper side with overlaping strips of mastking tape. Once the tape is put on us a glass bottle several inches in diameter to roll over the tape several time to insure it is well stuck to the copper. Draw the pattern you want to keep with a pencil or pen. Then use a pen knife to cut the tape off the pattern. Pull off the tape where you want the copper etched. Etch the board, then pull the remaining tape off.

As a side note I have been making single sided boards with the photographic process for a number if years using a photo quality inkjet printer and transparancey film.

Last edited: