pcb

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by tibbles, Aug 4, 2008.

1. tibbles

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    i recently spotted a post on producing a pcb by ironing on a laser printer image,i didnt dwell on it because i didnt have a laser printer , just picked one up for a tenner works great, but now despite a search i cant find the article
    anyone help?
    dougal
    ps just did a quick test with a farnell clear sheet and the image transferred to paper even without heat so looks good,

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Is this the post you were interested in?

hgmjr

3. tibbles

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    thanks hjmr, thats the one,
    put it in my favourites this time
    dougal

4. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    If you live in the US, I would suggest advanced circuits. They have a nice $33 / each deal. I prefer to spend more time designing rather than trying to build a PCB from scratch, as I used to when I was younger. Also, there are too many great surface mount parts to use these days that would be difficult to solder with a homebrew PCB.

Steve

5. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Steve, what's their website URL?
    Several different URL's come up with that same company name.

6. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    www.4pcb.com
    or www.33each.com

Catch is, they make you buy 4 and they 'give' you one for free. You're supposed to pay 50$ if you have multiple boards on the 60 square inches, but I just 'trick it out' so that it looks like one big pcb. Good old superfluous traces :D

Steve

7. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    If you are not in a hurry, Batch PCB is one of the cheapest. It's by the sq. inch ($2.50) for single boards plus $10 setup. John