PCB Supplier

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I will pay you what you want.
I'm going to hold you for that one... :D

Hey you guys, open to another idea? Buy a reel of this and cut it to fit inside your letters :) http://www.ledropelightsandmore.com/
Now where's the fun in that...?:rolleyes:

If you need some help I can make wireframe letters in any size any font. Then export them a DWG file. You can then import this DWG file in your EAGLE program and use this as board outline for your PCB
Thanks for offer, but I managed to print the letter in 1:1 scale.

So, R!f@@, I've made the first 3 letters in 1:1 scale, in thin plywood. If I can do it in plywood, I can do it in FR4, epoxy or whatever...

For the etching, I just scale up my current configuration. :)

Hows that PCB artwork coming along?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey you guys, open to another idea? Buy a reel of this and cut it to fit inside your letters :) http://www.ledropelightsandmore.com/
U know my first job like this was done using something similar. Water proof top hat leds. One string burnt while in service and to my luck they had to vacant the building after around a few months.

Since this is Wataniya I am dealing with I can't afford to go back to fix a led in a few months. So I need this to be professional. I am crossing my fingers that nerd holds up his work up to the reputation :)

@ Jens.

The art work is on hold, I have contacted my cousin to send me the coreldraw file he is using to work on the lazer cutter. From it we can get the exact width of the letter down to a millimeter. I haven't got the email yet. From that I can figure out how to line up the leds.

Since you can cut the plywood, I have no doubt you are up to the job. I don't think we need any thing better that FR4 clads. If it can last in outdoor heat around 30°C and high humidity, then all is good.

Ur prices for the boards are all good. And don't cut in ur work prices, since this is not personal, I do not want you to go easy on the price. I get paid for this, so I will pay for any third party as such. If this is mine, I would ask to go a bit easy. And if you can tell me the nominal price, I can tell others easily abt the prices of such jobs quite easily in the future.
Please give me the prices including the material that you will be using.
You doing this for me quite quickly is very nice of you indeed.

I don't think boards should be cut in pieces. Since this would introduce more soldering of jumpers and more solder work that will lead to oxidation and more copper where I do not need them.

Continues PCB is what I have in mind. This will make mounting easier and to work with. The PCB boards need to be one for each letter separate.
The power wires will be joined behind the wall.

In the divehi letters there are "Fili" for each "Akuru" ( all divehi terms ). See the PIC below

Each Akuru and fili are separate. Since they are small u can cut more form each pcb if you align them, and this will cut our cost u know.

As for the big letter "W". It only needs to be cut and lit.

And a lot of thanks goes to others who offered to help.
Since Jens have this covered, I will go with him, if he needs help from others I guess he will ask.

And Jens, I have something to ask for me. Since you are buying FR4 PCB's, buy some for me too. :D
Not that much but those sizes are quite tempting. I like 5 of SS and 5 of DS. We'll leave the price talk and other secret stuff in emails for the time being.
I do not want other Maldivian doodle brains trying to steal my work and degrade the quality of work done. I am sure there are prying eyes in my country.:mad:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
The art work is on hold
Ok. I'll wait. But in the mean time I will make 1:1 scale templates of all letters, Fili and Akuru, and the logo.

Please give me the prices including the material that you will be using.
I will send you an e-mail tonight.

You doing this for me quite quickly is very nice of you indeed.
I kind of like to "Carpe Diem". Or as they say in the Nike commercials "Just do it!" :)

Continues PCB is what I have in mind. This will make mounting easier and to work with. The PCB boards need to be one for each letter separate.
No, problem. Check e-mail later tonight. (That's my local time. I guess you are some hours a head of me.... Which makes me think: If I have your phone number and call you, am I then calling into the future...?:eek:)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
R!f@@, you would surely do a lot better at this if you would just finish your CNC machine :D,
I know B, but still the spindle is not here.
I think I can buy the linear bearings from this job if it gets through. :D

@Jens

Cutting templates will be a waste. I think u should wait for the corel file, I am calling him right now.
OK got him..I'll sent the file after checking it.

That's my local time. I guess you are some hours a head of me.... Which makes me think: If I have your phone number and call you, am I then calling into the future
Never thought of that...:eek:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Jens....I tried to explain but they would not go for the better approach. They said the price is outrageous :eek:.

I told 'em about the quality, and how professional the work is.

Main problem is because of those cheap crappy work people do here, like china :mad:.

I think I owe you something Jens...After all it is you who gave me a number on how expensive these kinda work is.
Sorry this went down the drain, I too was hoping for some cash you know :(.

So..how much is a drink ?:D
But I will hold you on to those clads for me...
What is the reasonable shipping size for the clads ?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hey R!f@@, here is a possible "cheaper" alternative, you can use some acrylic sheets of whatever color you want and just have your cousin "etch" the backside of them with the laser cutter, then you can light it from the side with just a few LED's to possibly get the same lighted effect....... here are a couple of examples that I have done this way >>

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Thanks for everything guys..You guys never fail to come through for me.
Heart felt gratitude to all of you.

I have given them a cheaper option . Using flat top leds mounted in the plastic. Soldering work can be covered with conformal coating.

Let's see what they say..
Would you like to see the works if the deal goes thru ?

Once again, thank you.