For Sale PCB Service (thorugh hole plating, solder masks and low cost)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Robin Mitchell, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin Mitchell

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hi all,

So it has been a while since I last made PCBs but since the house move and the workshop upgrade my PCBs have also gotten an upgrade!
    [​IMG]
    Plated through holes!

Unlike before double sided boards can now have plated through holes. These holes firstly are not mechanical and done using a chemical process and secondly the holes are aftwards coated with a second layer of a conductive material. This means that while the top and bottom pad are electrically conductive solder wont flow from the top to the bottom BUT there is a nice layer of plated copper keeping the two connected. The resistance is unmeasurable with a typical multi-meter and is being used in a power project of mine (excess of 5A).

A silkscreen layer is available however it is also experimental and only comes in black. As of now, the silkscreen works best on a single sided board but when a silkscreen is applied to a copper layer the space between traces and pour areas dont show.

[​IMG]

Still the cheapest place!

And the price? Still darn low! A soldermasked double sided board with plated holes 1 inch x 1 inch is £2.40. Note that this is the most expensive configuration and you can select your own amount of processing. For example, no soldermask or lacqure but still have plated holes and drills. I will try to get some photos up as soon as possible to show soldermasks and through hole conduction.

[​IMG]

So how do I order?

If you wish to arrange for a quote either message me here or send an email at pcbfab@mitchelectronics.co.uk
    The mitchelectronics website also has a quick quote calculator on the PCB service tab for ease.
    Post and packaging is not included and depends on many factors such as recorded delivery or 2nd class post.

We accept either paypal or postal check (postal order).

What design files do I need to supply?

KiCad and Eagle board files are highly recommended however the following can be submitted providing the appropriate requirements are met. (Each layer is required)

Image - Need DPI and page size (the LEAST recommended)
    PDF - Need page size and design must be centered left or right
    PostScript - Same as above

Board Constraints

Max board size = 10cm x 15cm (approx 4x6 inches)
    Minimum trace width = 10 mil (0.254mm)
    Minimum trace clearance = 10 mil (0.254mm)
    Minimum hole diameter = 24 mil (0.600mm)
    Maximum hole diameter = 40 mil (1mm) < This will be much larger very soon
    Trace to board edge = 90 mil (3mm)
    Cutting width = 3 mm (this is the width of the cutting blade)
    Double sided boards require 6 fiducial holes outside of the board layer evenly spaced with a hole diameter of 0.6mm. Any larger and double sided alignment cant be guaranteed
    Copper pours can now be solid and no longer need to be hatched

Please feel free to ask any questions!
    Robin

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  2. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    The website doesn't appear to be finished or is broken as it has numerous non-working links and even a page that calls the main page so you can end up in a never-ending loop.

3. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    The sections under electronic kits and education are still under construction.
    I apologise if this is annoying for some.

Robin

4. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    Updated photo to demonstrate the new soldermasks! Note that there is pad shrinkage which I forgot to account for when creating the stop mask. Silly me!

5. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    Updated images to show that traces can now be finer with better soldermasks! Reflow on boards should now be possible!

6. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
  7. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    If you are designing a PCB I recommend that you use KiCad as it is free and powerful.

Robin

RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  8. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    Looks like this is a pcb design tool being supplied by these PCB123 people who expect you to let them make the pcb. It looks like if you wanted to get the blank pcbs from elsewhere PCB123 would give you the gerbers but would expect $100 for the service. Basically looks like they are trying to tie you into their production line for blanks.

You need to get on to a different pcb design package that either you pay for or if suitable use one of the free ones like Kcad or Eagle (if you have a simple design).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.