PCB production

vick5821

Joined Jan 27, 2012
As an engineer , you are needed to design a PCB for your company's product.The product should handle a larg amount of current and very sensitive to noise. Explain two criteria for you to consider before building your PCB.

Any ideas guys ? Please help

Thank you :)

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
base/plated up copper thickness, wide trace width, heat sinking/spreading, thermal vias,etc.. to handle the high currents and then proper filtering (bypass capacitors/ferrites,etc...) to prevent the noise from causing any negative effects on your circuit.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Fish is kind Sparky49 and my department...:rolleyes:. But to stay on topic. I can also throw in grounding. Correct grounding approach can save you a lot of trouble. A well-designed ground system can often provide protection against unwanted interference and emission, without any additional per-unit cost to the product.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It's a metaphor for demanding answers. Just picking on ya :p
I know, my plan was to end my post after the first sentence. But I had one of my rare glimpse of sympathy and generosity moments. And deiced, what the heck. After all give some help while you are at it anyway. It was kind of without any additional per-unit cost to the product

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I know, my plan was to end my post after the first sentence. But I had one of my rare glimpse of sympathy and generosity moments. And deiced, what the heck. After all give some help while you are at it anyway. It was kind of without any additional per-unit cost to the product
I can understand that. If I knew more about this subject, I'd actually post something useful, but since I don't..... :D

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I'm still thinking the OP could have just googled for "good grounding practices in high current PCBs" and would have had access to all kinds of expert information. And maybe received good marks for his homework.

But he's probably run out of time for the homework now (as he posted the question on the very last night before it was due ;)).

My apologies to the OP if this was not the case, I'm "just messin' with ya". :)