PCB manufacturing equipments

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hi All

I was just wondering what the equipments for PCB manufacturing look like...? coz I want to buy my own for futur projects!!! I don't want to pay lots of money for printing PCB layout nomore as I did with my Chess Project.

Guess it might be expensive but I'll save for it:)

I did a bit a google but did not get good result maybe I did not search well...I want professional equipements to be able to make single sided, double sided,...PCBs...

Any comments, links, whatever will be appreciated!

Doing it yourself will never be as good as a pro doing it for you.

I agree getting pcb's made can be very costly.
I use Chinese manufacturers even for small runs and get them at around 1/3 price of in the UK.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

I use Chinese manufacturers even for small runs and get them at around 1/3 price of in the UK.
If these are just one offs then I see no reason to send the work out, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011

Ok. but I'll be very patient while learning...if it takes me a couple of years to be a Pro as well it OK...2 years? but first I must master schematics drawing and PCB layout, creating parts,...

thanks!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
My last batch of PCB's from China cost me all of $22.39 USD for 10 small boards. I used the China Post shipping option as I have time to wait for these. UPS is available for more.

2-sided boards, plated thru holes, solder mask both sides, silk screen one side. Excellent dimensional tolerance and square routed board edges.

Can DIY boards approach any of this?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
My last batch of PCB's from China cost me all of $22.39 USD for 10 small boards. I used the China Post shipping option as I have time to wait for these. UPS is available for more.

2-sided boards, plated thru holes, solder mask both sides, silk screen one side. Excellent dimensional tolerance and square routed board edges.

Was this 10 all the same board or 10 different boards?

And how do you ship something out from the US China Post???

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I think you can. You just have to be patient and accurate. This is how I make make board.

My UV-LED box.

Picture is taken with a digital camera

Double sided pcb:

Scanned image of side 1.

Scanned image of side 2.

I like getting my board the same day I'm finish with the design/layout. If there are more than one board, I panelize the print, so that there are more layouts in one UV exposure and etch. Most boards I did was 20-something. Made a transparent with 5 layouts, and exposed 5 pcb. The guy I made the boards for was happy and satisfied.

BTW: I etch in Ferric Chloride.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Beautiful work nerdegutta!

How did you do the silkscreen? Your article mentions toner transfer but it looks like the printing is white.

Do you use pre treated boards or do you use the spray to prepare your copper for the photo process.?

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Beautiful work nerdegutta!

How did you do the silkscreen? Your article mentions toner transfer but it looks like the printing is white.

Do you use pre treated boards or do you use the spray to prepare your copper for the photo process.?
Thanks!

These boards are pre treated from Bungard.

The regulated power supply is spraypainted with a paint from them.

The double sided board is really thin and transparent.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Have you ever tried treating your own boards? I understand this is NOT the way to go.
What do you mean by treating?:confused: I buy pcb which is sprayed photoresist.

I have not bought the spray can with photoresist in it and sprayed my boards. I've read about it, but I couldn't get the spray can.

Did i understand you correct?

As, per now, I do not silk screen my boards.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What do you mean by treating?:confused: I buy pcb which is sprayed photoresist.

I have not bought the spray can with photoresist in it and sprayed my boards. I've read about it, but I couldn't get the spray can.

Did i understand you correct?

As, per now, I do not silk screen my boards.
Yep. You got it.

I understand the spray does not work so well.