PCB layout and designing

sohamkul

Joined Jun 24, 2016
Hello everyone ,

I was wondering if there are people who make PCB layouts and give us if we give them the circuit diagram ??
If yes How much do they normally charge ? I need it for my project ..

Thank you .

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Generally they need what is known as a Gerber file, any of the Schematic capture and board layout programs will create the, Kicad, Eagle etc are free.
For PCB's there is Oshpark, Itead, DirtyPCB etc .
Max.

sohamkul

Joined Jun 24, 2016
@MaxHeadRoom Gerber files yes !!I have the drawing of the components and connections and i need someone to make schematic and gerber file ...does somebody do that ???

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I was wondering if there are people who make PCB layouts and give us if we give them the circuit diagram ??
If yes How much do they normally charge ? I need it for my project ..
If cost is an issue, you'll probably be better off learning how to do it yourself.

You're not looking at someone making minimum wage doing that type of work. I'd figure $30/hr or more with the number of hours depending on the size and complexity of your project.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Why not use one of the free programs to create the Gerber's yourself?
For Kicad there are numerous step by step tutorials for it.
How big is the project?
Max.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I know an excellent PCB engineer who will layout a board for $1 per pad. If the components are well defined and the mechanical layout is well defined he can do it remotely. PM me if you would like his contact information.

Make sure you find someone with lots of experience.
Simply laying out a pcb can result in errors when the circuit is built.
Audio circuits are a classic example where the circuit ends up with loads of hum because power supply wasn't kept separate from audio signals.
Valve circuits have a critical layout requiring high AC volts to be kept away from audio signals. Short tracks are vital.
Mains transformers should be kept away from audio signals too.