PCB Footprint Help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ke5nnt, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ke5nnt

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I've managed to either create or find footprints for all of my parts on my PCB project except for the DPAK and D2PAK. The file attached shows the footprints (2) that I need, and also shows what I'm getting when I try to make the footprint myself.

I'm using FreePCB. The footprint wizard is nice enough but I wish it gave a few more options, might help me. Anyways... point being, if anyone either has these footprints already, or is better at footprint wizard than me, it sure would help me out a lot if you would share them with me.

Thanks

2. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
    Let me first say, I have never used FreePCB. Do you get more options if you change the footprint type in the top row? Right now it appears to be set up as a DIP (Dual Inline Package), which is a very specific package type.

3. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I am sure you have jump to position command, or perhaps you can edit the position on each pad. In this case this will be the simplest way to do things.
    A hint Always print out your PCB on paper in size 1:1. Then place dummy components to check if they fit. You do not have to do it on all components just some reference components