PCB fab., who's has the best software & prices?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Hamlet, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Hamlet

Thread Starter Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I'm getting burn-out on point-point wiring on perf board. A friend recogmended
    expressPCB, as they have free design software, although I didn't like the learning
    curve. I didn't ask him how expensive expressPCB is.

I might try making my own, not sure what route I want to go. I hate waiting, so
    if I can make something passable with little time invested (one morning for small projects),
    then I might do that.

At first I didn't see what I was looking for on AAC, but I see there are some thread
    here that I will now look over.
  2. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    I use ExpressPCB and I really like them. Their software is some of the easiest to learn. (Give it a second chance.) Their cheapest proto PCB is 3 each, 2.5" X 3.8", double sided, no silkscreen or solder mask, 3 day build plus shipping, for about $53 plus shipping. You order from the application. Very easy.

Second suggestion is "Copper Connection". Bare bones version is free. This is a great application when you build it yourself.

Look in the "Completed Projects" section for do it yourself PCB building.

Have fun.
  3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I've beem thinking about something similar, let us know how this works out.

I use PCB Express, the modify the heck out of it and etch my own.
  4. Hamlet

Thread Starter Member

Jun 10, 2015
    So, Les, let me see if I have this straight:
    Copper Connection is software, for DIY PCB?

And Wendy, you use PCB Express software for creating the trace layout, then save some bucks, & etch it at home?

Maybe I can do that.
  5. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    I use DesignSpark PCB.
  6. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    I use Diptrace software and send the gerbers to itead... CAN'T beat their pricing.. quality is excellent.. Just comes from China and could take 2 weeks or so to arrive..
    But well worth it for the price..
  7. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    I was trying DesignSpark but the training video are scattered and I think when I get some to make a play list to better use design spark but I really want to Eagle though.
  8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    How I make PCBs

There are several other good articles in the same forum on the subject. It is an old tech.
    Dr.killjoy likes this.