pc build power supply issues

BlakesterGamer

Joined Apr 20, 2016
hey I am building a pc and I have no graphics card yet this will not be a gaming pc from the start but I got 4gb ddr2 ram and a core 2 duo processor and a dell motherboard and a cpu cooler all in one package so I tried to power it with a 250watt powersupply first try it worked but now it does not so I tried a 300 watt powersupply still same issue and I am wondering if it is the motherboard or the powersupply so what happens now is that when ever I plug the power cord in a orange light will glow on the motherboard fans do not spin and nothing shows on the screen and the green light shows on the power supply I Really need help plz someone help me

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
You haven't told us much about your hardware but a 250W power supply should power it up no problem.

Have you plugged in the 20/24 pin connector and the 4/8 pin ATX connector?

As a side note some Dell motherboards will only run from a Dell power supply which aren't built to the ATX standard.

Last edited:

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
As another side note, your keyboard apparently does not support "shift", "," and "."
You might consider getting that fixed.

BlakesterGamer

Joined Apr 20, 2016
You haven't told us much about your hardware but a 250W power supply should power it up no problem.

Have you plugged in the 20/24 pin connector and the 4/8 pin ATX connector.

As a side note some Dell motherboards will only run from a Dell power supply which aren't built to the ATX standard.
yes I plugged in everything the usb cables and the audio jacks and everything

roadey_carl

Joined Jun 5, 2009
hey I am building a pc and I have no graphics card yet this will not be a gaming pc from the start but I got 4gb ddr2 ram and a core 2 duo processor and a dell motherboard and a cpu cooler all in one package so I tried to power it with a 250watt powersupply first try it worked but now it does not so I tried a 300 watt powersupply still same issue and I am wondering if it is the motherboard or the powersupply so what happens now is that when ever I plug the power cord in a orange light will glow on the motherboard fans do not spin and nothing shows on the screen and the green light shows on the power supply I Really need help plz someone help me
Are you using the onboard graphics?

If it booted the first time then it's unlikely a power supply issue.
Disconnect EVERYTHING and re-seat the Memory, unplug the Optical drive and Hard drive. Clear the BIOS by shorting the two pins next to the battery of removing the battery and waiting a few minutes.

BlakesterGamer

Joined Apr 20, 2016

Disconnect EVERYTHING and re-seat the Memory, unplug the Optical drive and Hard drive. Clear the BIOS by shorting the two pins next to the battery of removing the battery and waiting a few minutes.
ok I am using the integrated graphics and I called my local computer store and the guy there said he could take a look and diagnose it for free so tomorrow I will drop it off there but I will tell him what you said

BlakesterGamer

Joined Apr 20, 2016

ok thanks so much this worked for me