Pattern recognition

syed01

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Dear Gurus,
Hope u r all fine,can anyone tell me the circuit diagram or hint about the below case :
"Let's example, on question paper i have a question with 04 options and i click on any one option "right click" so i want to make the circuit of recognition of click pattern(when i click so circuit acknowledges it once and so on).
ur response is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
and if the circuit recognizes the click, what does it do? Think about it?

Way not enough information to work with here.

syed01

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Dear Seniors,
Thanks for ur response.
In the next step, i will transfer this information of "click on any option" on my computer through any wireless module.
Its the same like u click on paper and i will see your answer on some distance on a computer.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I think there is some language barrier here.

Could you elaborate on your goal? Are you saying that a user selects the answer to a question on a computer and the result is shown on an external device?

Could you walk through how this would be used?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Might consider a digital comparator like 74C85. Put correct answer into first 4 inputs, & if guessed answer on second set matches, you get an output signal.

syed01

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Dear All,
Thanks for discussion here. now let me elaborate the concept:
"i want to make a pen and what i will written on a paper it will be transfered to computer."
Now lets say a MCQ's paper, i will select a option of any question and this will transfer on a laptop(The same paper is on the laptop also) and and someone will monitor it on a laptop.
Hope this clear all :)
Looking fwd for ur response..

syed01

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Dear Experts,
Its might be spy camera..
first the circuit save of what i written on a paper(Just simple example of MCQ paper, click on a paper).
second it will be transfer by any wireless module on laptop(like live monitoring).
Hope it clear the idea!!

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Dear Experts,
Its might be spy camera..
first the circuit save of what i written on a paper(Just simple example of MCQ paper, click on a paper).
second it will be transfer by any wireless module on laptop(like live monitoring).
Hope it clear the idea!!
No, it doesn't.

Where is a spy camera coming into this now!?

One cannot click on paper. What is MCQ paper?

Try explaining it as though no one has any idea what you are talking about... since , well, we don't.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This is what I am getting from this so far:

He wants a system in which you hand out something like a multiple choice quiz (MCQ -- don't use acronymns unless you define what you mean, especially when there appears to be a language barrier) along with a special pen. The pen (or some other technology, such as cameras) then detects which answers have been selected and transmit that information to a host machine such as an instructor's laptop.

The basic technology you are looking for is well in place, at least in pieces. There have been pens and paper around for years in which the paper has sometype of special fiducial markings such that the pen knows where on the paper it is with remarkable resolution. The pen also contains a voice recorder. The device encodes a mapping of the the position and the recording timestamps. The idea is that you can record a meeting or lecture while taking notes with the pen on the paper. Later, you can replay the part of the recording that was taken when you were writing a particular note on the paper just by touching the pen to the word that was written. It's pretty amazing and it actually works quite well.

For the communication of many pens to a single host, you have the "classroom clicker" technology that is pretty common.

So now it is a matter of adapting the technologies to meet a slightly different goal.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
clear as MUD..

I think he wants something like this....
http://www.livescribe.com/en-us/smartpen/
Yep. That looks like an evolution of the pens I was talking about.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you still have to use the special paper, which is reasonable. At some point I imagine that microminiature accelerometers and gyros will be sufficiently advanced to permit the use of normal paper (or even "air" paper).

syed01

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Dear WBahn,
Yes you got my point. i Just do that as u mentioned.
so whats the schematic just for click Below is the example:
Multiple choice Question Paper:
Question #1
------------
Option 1 ....
Option 2 .... (If i click the 2th option, the circuit acknowledges and then sent the same on laptop by Wireless module)
Option 3 ....

Now How i will do that?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
As I indicated, look into the technology behind those pens and look into the technology behind those clickers. Learn how they work and what more-or-less off-the-shelf options are available for adapting them to other things. Then see if you can figure out what has to happen in the middle to make them play with each other.

syed01

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Dear all,

I am some about near to my target. I have attached a jpeg of circuit, is the schematic of sending wireless Position/Direction to computer exactly. Now i just want a code for microcontroller first when it sense a light and secondly lets say i have a switch when i pressed this switch so LED will off so at that time microcontroller gives instruction to computer write any "word" on that position which is last detected by first programe.

Thanks

Attachments