Pattern recognition

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by silvrstring, Mar 19, 2009.

1. silvrstring

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Hey everybody,

I have a project in mind, and I thought I'd check with you for some advice. I want to develop a pattern recognition program (1 simple pattern in particular). I'd be using a cheap $10 Vivitar digicam. The uC I will be interfacing with will likely be a Freescale HCS12, but not necessarily. That's not too important.

The main problem I'm having is finding beginner projects for pattern recognition / image processing. Other than concept material, everything I find is Graduate level. Can any of you recommend some good sites, or books, that Google doesn't reveal?

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
  3. silvrstring

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Thanks thatoneguy.

I don't know anything about image processing, or pattern recognition. That's why I would like to find some real beginner stuff. I'm going to look through the library today. I'll take a closer look at those sites, too.
  4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Most of what you will come across for this topic will be graduate level, I'm afraid that is just the nature of this subject. Your best starting point would probably be Christopher Bishop's book "Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning" which does a pretty good job of giving you the very basics of the subject and will allow you to make some progress into making decisions on appropriate recognition models and how to implement them.

Web resources are available but sparse.