Parts...

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Swat791, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Swat791

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    What different places on line to buy parts.

I'm looking for 12vdc DPDT mini relays, LEDs, mini boards, diodes, solar panels, etc.

Thanks,
    Donnie

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
  3. HarveyH42

Jul 22, 2007
  4. Pootworm

May 18, 2007
    It's in his typing, can't you see it?

I use Digi-key for pretty much everything. Every order I've placed has been shipped the same day. Also, I check Mouser from time to time, but I haven't ordered there.

Sparkfun is usually a little more expensive and ships slower, but they have some interesting stuff as well. Plus great tutorials.

5. cheddy

Oct 19, 2007
    You can buy most of those things at Radio Shack or Fry's Electronics

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    As the Site Admin I am almighty and know everything :p

Seriously, the first link is the international link where the OP can select their country of origin. I put the UK link in for completeness since it is the one I use for RS.

Dave

7. eeboy

Sep 27, 2007
    I am in the USA...

My preferred vendors are Digi-Key and Mouser. However, there are a few others that I will source parts from if I can't find what I need.. Allied, Newark, Jameco are just a few.

If you are from the UK, I recall Maplin Electronics is fairly large over there. I've read this in articles... never used them myself obviously.

8. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Maplins are very good for walk-in purchases because of their ubiquity (well not quite but they are common). Never use their net-services so can't comment.

Dave

9. Voltboy

Jan 10, 2007
    I always use Mouser.

RadioShack is pretty expensive.

10. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    I'm a cheapskate. If I cant find it at low cost from Cascade Surplus, All Electronics, or eBay, then and only then do I drive over to my local Norvac.

11. lightingman

Apr 19, 2007
    Hi,In the U.K. Rapid electronics is a very reliable source of components, at a reasonable price and thier range of products is increasing year to year...Daniel.

12. Swat791

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    That's why I asked:)

I found 3 diodes at All Electronics for .80 cents (for the three). I had to get some at RS and they were $1.59 for 2....that equals 79.5 cents each. Talk about mark up.

Thanks for your responses!

Donnie

13. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
    LEDs can be even cheaper that that. I often buy them around 0.20 Eur a piece.

I suggest we use the name R$ for RadioShack from now on, just like M$ is for Microsoft. :D:D:D