Parts for Parts

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dr.killjoy, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I want to trade for parts I need for a Constant current ...Also any questions just ask

What I need
    LM324
    50N06
    50k 10 turn pot
    Large heat sink

What I have

Hep G6006
    Hep G0001
    Hep S9143
    Hep C6049G
    Hep 583
    Hep 59141
    Hep G6000
    2N6576
    Hep 627
    TIP121
    Tip126
    555 chip
    1N5402
    These are chips but I have no clue what they are
    /B8251 COP420-JLA/N
    NEC E1X49K-143 D546C 199

Thanks
    Jason Sr

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Trading parts for parts becomes problematic because it relies on the "double coincidence" that I have something that you need and you have something I need.

This was why money was invented.

In this modern day of computers, internet communications and e-money, what we need is our own brand of AAC e-money, like bitcoin.

Here is an open invitation. What should we call it?

AACbits?

Here is how it works. Member-X supplies Member-Y with parts, components, PCB work or services. Member-X and Member-Y negotiate the value in AACbits. This amount is credited to Member-X account and debited from Member-Y account.

Edit: If a mod wants to move this to a new thread I wouldn't mind but the example that Dr. killjoy posted demonstrates the need for something like this.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    Metalmann and DerStrom8 like this.
  3. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012
    Great idea, Mr. C.!!

4. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks for the input but I more interested in the parts I need then not how much my stuff is worth..

5. TorontoBob

Oct 5, 2013
    The LM324 is pretty inexpensive and should be standard stock at any local electronics store.

The expensive part will be the
    "50k 10 turn pot"
    assuming it is a panel mount pot and not just a trimmer.

Since this is presumably the adjustment for your "constant current" (presumed to be a constant current power supply), you could cut down the cost a lot if you can't find or afford a 50k 10turn pot with two pots put in series, a 50k as your "coarse" adjustment" and a 5k or 2k as your fine adjustment. Most single-turn pots are +/-20% tolerance on the resistance, but even expensive 10-turn ones are usually only +/-5% on the resistance. This is assuming the 10-turn pot is used just as a variable resistance (with either only two terminals used or the slider connected to one end) and not as a voltage divider.

6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Presumably 5% or 20% tolerance on a pot refers to the tolerance on the total resistance. If it is an adjustable pot with or without series resistance why should I care about the tolerance of the pot, even if it is used as a voltage divider?

7. TorontoBob

Oct 5, 2013
    As a voltage divider is makes no difference.

If you are using it in a feedback or in a timing circuit it may make some difference, but the point was that with the tolerance of most pots that adding a 5k or 2k in series with a 50k will make little circuit difference, other than giving you a fine adjustment, should you want to save money buying a 10-turn pot and use two single-turn pots (one as a coarse one as a fine adjustment) instead.

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I have taken Dr.killjoy up on his offer, so this thread is no longer needed.

9. TacMot

Dec 26, 2013
    Dr.killjoy,

I have a 50K 10 turn pot, complete with a vernier and knob however the items that you have to trade are of no value to me.
    I can use a 12.6+ VDC 30 A switching power supply for my radio station, provided it is noise free on 40 M.

TacMot

10. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Killjoy,

In the spirit of the holidays, let me know if you are still in need of parts to start your junk box. I can send a couple handfuls of odd-and ends.

Op amps, linear pots and a box of resistors and who knows what.

Let me know. Send me an address by PM.

GopherT

11. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Ok does anyone needs some free parts from the list above but you have to meet some standards first and just pay shipping...

THE STANDARDS
    Must be active and atleat 100 post.

I pm you a couple times but not sure what happened ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.