Partially impaired

silvrstring

Joined Mar 27, 2008
Hello, everybody:

I was introduced to LaPlace transforms during the end of last trimester's Calc course. They are supposed to make circuit analysis easier. Unfortunately, the topic was rushed a bit. We will be using these transforms in my upcoming class, and I would like to get a better handle on them before class starts.

In particular, my problem has been with solving i(t) for a LC or RLC circuit at resonance. I think I may be messing up when it comes to separating L(q) into partial fractions, but I am not sure; I don't have access to my old pre-calc text right now.

The problem, my work, and the correct answer are attached.

There is an AC source 72sin(50t), a 40H inductor, and a 10uF capacitor connected in series. I need to find an expression for current as a function of time.

The most aggravating thing about this for me is that I solved this problem a couple of weeks ago, and now I can't remember what I did. Anyway, the correct answer is supplied (i(t)=0.9tsin(50t)).

If you can post the method to solve this type of problem, I might be able to avoid having an aneurysm. Please, show me how to catch this fish!

Attachments